Senior SIEM Manager
- Frisco, TX, USA
- Travel Required: 20 - 29%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
A SIEM Engineering Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, and operational success of a SIEM Engineering team within Optiv Managed Security Services. This includes managing the people, processes, and technologies required to deliver an efficient and effective SIEM Engineering service while supporting multiple clients across several SIEM technologies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Management experience is a must. Prefer experience leading teams of 20 or more.
- An operational mindset with the aptitude and attitude to handle a fast paced environment that can change very quickly.
- A good Business Acumen and ability to support many different clients and their needs.
- Experience working within and ideally leading through agile or agile like methodologies.
- Information security skills and experience with multiple SIEM technologies
- Background in IS or IT technology support. Ideally someone who came up through the ranks having been a technologist then moved into management.
- Experience with managing a team of 20-25 individuals and leading SIEM strategy with this team
- Consult with clients to proactively incorporate their requirements into the service design
- Consult with clients to ensure they understand the how the service operates
- Consult with clients to relay service success stories, service risk, and service outages
- Partner with sales and practice managers to ensure they clearly understand the service definition and support them as needed in their sales and client management activities
- Partner with other managers both within the service and in other managed services to build and maintain synergy across functions
- Matrix resources to other managed security services as needed to ensure success of the overall organization
- Relay management and client expectations to team members
- Work through staff to deliver a high quality and predicable service while applying the appropriate leadership style (directing, coaching, supporting, delegating) for the situation
- Instill a sense of ownership and accountability in team members’ responsibilities
- Coach and mentor team members down a career path that aligns with their strengths and interests
- Relay success stories, service risk, and service outages to upper management
- Track, measure, and report resource allocation to contribute to effective resource management
- Tailor communication frequency, context, and format for the intended target audience
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are well documented, clearly understood by stakeholders, and under change control
- Track, measure, and report process and procedure metrics
- Design, implement, and oversee the execution of quality controls that ensure rigid adherence to processes and procedures
- Drive continuous processes and procedure improvements based on intel gathered from threat sources, process metrics, quality control metrics, resource management metrics and input from clients, team members, peers, and management.
- Partner with peers across functions and with clients to ensure processes and procedures include the appropriate integration points
- Actively participate in a work intake process that provides for effective capacity/demand management
- Highly prefer experience with multiple SIEM technologies with a preference in: Splunk, Exabeam, LogRhythm, Sentinel, Sumo, Nitro, QRadar, Securonix and Elastic
- Ensure technology maintains adequate pace with vendor releases
- Minimize technology debt by consolidating technology investments into only the essential solutions and leveraging shared technology across managed services where feasible
- Build and maintain managerial level knowledge of technologies required for service delivery
- 3 years of professional information security leadership experience and managing client-focused SIEM teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of certifications and/or commensurate experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build and maintain a current knowledge of information security threats and controls
- Ability to incorporate cost/benefit analysis into decisions and communications
- Ability to partner with others to reach consensus
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work over forty hours as needed and ability to respond to and manage service incidents during non-business hours
- Ability to travel at least 10%
- Previous Management experience leading a SIEM team and environment
- Experience working in and leading within a Security Operations Center
- Experience with SIEM technologies (Exabeam, Securonix, Sumo, Elastic, Sentinel, QRadar, LogRhythm, Splunk, Nitro) and other technologies associated with SIEM (IDS/IPS, routers/switches, network and application layer firewalls, log aggregators, etc.)
- CISSP, CISM, or other managerial level information security certification
- ITIL, ISO, or other service management certification
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers