Desktop Engineering Supervisor | Denver or Kansas City
- Denver, CO, USA
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Desktop Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for providing IT support to our employees and systems. The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate, document projects, resolve issues, develop action plans and deliver results on time. Exposure with numerous hardware and software platforms including but not limited to VMware, Linux, and Microsoft are preferred.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Effectively communicate, document projects, issues, develop action plans and deliver results on time.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Administer use, capacity and performance of server systems focusing on multiple aspects of server operations across multiple platforms (UNIX, Kali, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows)
- Upgrade and configure server devices from multiple vendors.
- Research questions using available information resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Evaluate and Install the software, operating systems, and miscellaneous patches using automation
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills
- Enthusiastic, eager to learn, be taught and be resourceful
- Experience in system administration support issues
- Experience / Exposure to servers: Linux, Microsoft, Active Directory, SCCM, Troubleshooting
- Experience / Exposure supporting large corporate environment
- Technical Understanding of network protocols and services
- Expert Knowledge of Windows OS and Mac OS
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (such as on-call)
- Ability to travel at least 20 percent of the time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv as the largest pure-play cyber security provider in North America. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers.
With Optiv you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry-leading, talented peers