IT System Administrator - Desktop Engineering Supervisor
- Denver, CO
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The System Administrator will be responsible for providing IT support to our employees and systems. The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate, document projects, resolve issues, develop action plans and deliver results on time. Exposure with numerous hardware and software platforms including but not limited to VMware, Linux, and Microsoft are preferred.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Effectively communicate, document projects, issues, develop action plans and deliver results on time.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Administer use, capacity and performance of server systems focusing on multiple aspects of server operations across multiple platforms (UNIX, Kali, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows)
- Upgrade and configure server devices from multiple vendors.
- Research questions using available information resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Evaluate and Install software, operating systems, and miscellaneous patches using automation
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills
- Enthusiastic, eager to learn, be taught and be resourceful
- Experience in system administration support issues, typically obtained in 5-7 years’ experience
- Experience / Exposure to servers: Linux, Microsoft, Active Directory, Network Appliance NAS, hardware installation, troubleshooting
- Experience with Puppet/Ansible used in a DevOps/Configuration Management capacity
- Experience / Exposure supporting large corporate environment
- Technical Understanding of network protocols and services
- Experience / Exposure to routing protocols
- Experience with Kali Linux and Ubuntu Server 16.04
- Experience with PFSense Firewall administration
- Experience with PXE Server administration
- Experience troubleshooting OpenVPN connections
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.