Associate SOC Engineer
- Frisco, TX, USA
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Optiv Security Cyber Operations Department, the Associate Engineer position provides frontline maintenance, remote support, and appliance management and health monitoring to customers in a 24 x 7 x 365 TAC (Technical Assistance Center) environment.
We’re looking for new-in-career talent who enjoy learning new things in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This role is fitting for those looking to carve a path for a career in network security.
How you’ll make an impact:
Operating as the first impression for Optiv clients in many cases, Associate Engineers deliver both the Authorized Support and Device Management service lines and directly assist Optiv clients with their network and/or security issues and needs. These two service lines are often part of a much larger client-focused services agenda. Therefore, this position plays a part in helping to keep overall Optiv/client relationships successful.
Job duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot technical issues over the phone and via secure screen share
- Host troubleshooting conference calls bridging multiple individuals from vendors, clients, third-parties, etc.
- Responsible for initial triage of incoming client issues
- Facilitate customer communication over the phone and email
- Document actions in ticketing systems to effectively communicate information to both internal resources and external customers
- Respond in a timely manner (with published SLA) to the incident and support requests
- Perform basic troubleshooting to diagnose common Network problems using fundamental TCP/IP network skills
- Assist Engineering staff with lab systems configuration
- Update open ticket status for Engineers and other technicians within the ticketing system
- A minimum of Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related area of study
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training in a technology environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fundamental knowledge and minimal exposure to TCP/IP networking
- Entry-level desktop/networking experience, application software experience, with exposure to Microsoft and UNIX/Linux based operating systems
- Previous IT help desk experience preferred
- Aggressively pursuing technical certifications in networking and security-related systems including Cisco CCENT (ICND1) or Cisco CCNA (ICND1/ICND2)
- Soft skills
- A passion for information, network, and data security
- A solid understanding of information security and networking
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.