- Overland Park, KS
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Director Services Operations
The Project Manager leads and directs multiple projects or initiatives under limited supervision. These projects are focused on meeting the strategic goals the Services Organization and can include some client-facing components. The Project Manager manages projects from inception to completion, identifying and documenting project requirements, supporting clients on various information security initiatives, keeping all stakeholders apprised of project and budget status, and managing issues to resolution. They are also responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently manage project activities from inception to completion.
- Provides a single point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement. May work with Program Manager or Sr. Project Manager as part of a larger engagement.
- Communicate with stakeholders on project performance and escalated project issues.
- Conduct and coordinate meetings and provide project update summaries to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for coordination and collaboration of project events, meetings, and technical resources and must have experience with third party relationships.
- Generate and distribute status reports and lead meetings to disseminate appropriate information to stakeholders.
- Take proactive steps to protect the company from project issues and risks.
- Proactively monitor and report on project budget, timelines and deliverables.
- Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and lead clarification (as required) of project scope, captured in the services statement of work and working closely with the customer and sales to identify specific customer requirements.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Provide project metrics to stakeholders and Program Governance Leadership for decision support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (a combination of education and demonstrated experience in the industry may be considered).
- 3+ years of experience in a project/program delivery role within a professional services or consulting organization
- Ability and willingness to train and mentor lesser experienced Project Managers.
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
- Proficient with MS Office products and experience required.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
- Previous experience in a professional services environment preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work as a team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Adept in planning, working in a fast-paced environment, and multi-tasking skills required.
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv as the largest pure-play cyber security provider in North America. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.