Project Operations Analyst
- Overland Park or Denver, Kansas or Colorad, United States
- Travel Required: 30 - 39%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Location: Denver, CO or Overland Park, KS
What we are looking for:
The Project Operations Analyst provides a key role in the administration and daily support of security solution projects. The Project Operations Analyst supports Managers, Project Managers, Senior Managers, Program Managers on projects, solutions and programs with the daily administration tasks, internal coordination, project tracking and reporting procedures necessary in delivering Optiv’s services.
The Project Operations Analysts regularly communicates and collaborates with the Manager, Project Manager, Senior Manager, and Program Manager to support the daily administrative needs of various projects, including status reporting, project management tool project updates, tracking and reporting, developing and finalizing meeting minutes and additional administrative tasks, as needed. The Project Operations Analyst may be required to oversee stand-alone delivery initiatives based on the policies and procedures established in working within the PMO teams. The Project Operations Analyst will be required to balance multiple projects across various project teams. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks is a must. The Project Operations Analyst must master the internal business management practices of Optiv in order to gain an understanding of administrative tasks valuable in conducting business and further develop their carrier with Optiv.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Strong written and collaborative communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Display a basic knowledge of Project Management techniques and strategies.
- Stand-up and manage project document repository sites including document versioning and distribution.
- Review and approve project invoicing vs work complete and provide status updates to the project teams.
- Review and approve project expense reports.
- Compile internal and external project reporting documents and issue to the project teams for review.
- Drive the internal workflow processes for project deliverable Q/A, change order composition, versioning and tracking.
- Compile standardized project documents and project start-up packets aligned with the delivery technologies.
- Ensure timely project time entry across project/program team members.
- Assist the Experience and Resource management teams in aligning resources capabilities and availability to project timelines.
- Complete essential project-facing business management activities which include, but are not limited to the following:
- General understanding and support of business financial accounting processes and procedures.
- Support and understanding of financial backlog and reporting.
- Resolution of outstanding project risks and internal project close-out procedures.
- Project stand-up and closeout procedures
- Update and maintain project delivery strategies under the oversight of the Program/Project Manager
- Internal coordination and distribution of CSAT surveys and analysis.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a project delivery role, preferably within a professional services organization.
- Previous client facing experience preferred.
- Project Management experience required; specifically demonstrated success performing administrative tasks such as reporting, project management tool project updates, tracking and reporting, developing and finalizing meeting minutes and additional administrative tasks
- Management of security-related projects desired.
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
- Previous experience in a security services environment preferred.
- Superior problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work as a team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.