Senior Program Manager (Burbank, CA or Remote - West Coast USA)
- Burbank, CA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Senior Program Manager is a customer-oriented role which leads and directs cross-capability engagements under limited supervision. The Program Manager acts as the primary leader overseeing the entire engagement in concert with Executive Service Directors, Senior Managers, and Capability VPs. The Program Manager is accountable to manage all delivery risk within the engagement and is responsible for ensuring the engagement, and all projects as part of the programmatic approach, are delivered as planned without delays or interruptions. Program Managers are expected to primarily operate at the project level and manage all risks to the engagement from an operational, business, and customer expectation perspective.
The Senior Program Manager will coach, mentor and support junior level resources involved in project delivery to continuously grow, evolve and mature Cyber Operations skills, capabilities and future leaders. The Senior Manager will be responsible for delivering services with technical teams that are in-house, near-shore or offshore. The Senior Program Manager will help evangelize Cyber Operations to current and potential clients, Optiv and partner sales teams, and Optiv executive leadership.This will be an experienced and seasoned individual in technology consulting, platform selection, and implementation as well as leading teams and projects. They will also be responsible for maintaining mature service delivery methodologies, ensure continuous improvement and maintaining the highest standards for quality in delivery and client satisfaction.
The Senior Program Manager will also be focused on developing business opportunities by expanding services within existing client accounts and growing profitable, long-term relationships with clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Qualifications:
- Drive program and engagement progress across multiple capabilities, practices, communities, and stakeholders and levels of oversight with assurance on maintaining progress, timeliness, and effective resource utilization.
- Develop and manage customer-focused quality metrics and forecasting strategies.
- Assist in the development of Program Management business delivery strategies, program health analysis and internal reporting.
- Collaborate and consult with other group leaders on the overall advancement of the Cyber Operations organization and Optiv services in general within existing client base as well as new opportunities.
- Understand and be able to speak to Optiv’s portfolio and offerings in alignment with customer goals and objectives.
- Able to present to large groups and speak as an authority on Cyber Operations.
- Oversee and direct the delivery of security strategy execution as part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture which encompass People, Process and Technology components.
- Comfortable leading discussions with Client executives on broad and specific Cyber Operations subject matter.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to ensure the Cyber Operations strategy is in conformity with Optiv’s and or client’s overall strategy.
- Provide input to other security disciplines on projects or efforts based on cyber activity or threats encountered by the Cyber Operations team.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, plus 10-15 years of related work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading an IT/Cybersecurity/Security team or organization.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Highly collaborative and with the ability to lead by influence with and direct teams located at multiple locations; track and manage simultaneous activities juggling many competing priorities and deadlines; and yet can establish and maintain focus on completing critical tasks in a timely manner while remaining composed, objective and diplomatic.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory, service delivery, compliance and information security frameworks for example: ITIL, GDPR, NIST CSF, ISO, PCI DSS, GLBA, HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC I/II/III, COBIT, SSAE16, CARTA, CIS Critical Security Controls and other global data sovereignty, privacy and protection laws.
- CISM or CISSP certification preferred. Program Management expertise, specifically demonstrated success managing crosscapability engagements across multiple clients and disparate initiatives on a long termbasis.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong, project team and customer-focused project leadership capabilities.
- Management of information security projects required.
- Strong experience with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, security and IT architecture strategies and governance frameworks and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Provide information for management by preparing special reports and analyses specifically related to the status and overall performance of projects. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, other group leaders regarding pertinent activities.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Project Management best practices, process and supporting systems to drive the progress of a project.
- Develop forecasts, metrics, monitor and evaluate the results to determine the project is meeting fiscal, delivery, and client expectations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.