Senior IT Systems Administrator
- Denver, CO
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior IT System Administrator will be responsible for providing IT support to our employees and systems. The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate, document projects, issues, develop action plans and deliver results on time. Expert experience with numerous hardware and software platforms including but not limited to VMWare, Microsoft, Azure, AWS and Microsoft Office 365.
· Effectively communicate, document projects, issues, develop action plans and deliver results on time.
· Diagnose and resolve complex technical hardware and software issues
· Monitor and Manage AWS and Azure cloud environments
· Assist security vulnerability assessments and remediation
· Monitor high-availability and disaster recovery plans to maintain business continuity and SLA’s
· Develop and Maintain scripts to automate deployment and other tasks
· Cloud PaaS and Saas management
· Experienced configuring and managing Azure Active Directory and Active Directory in hybrid scenarios
· Experience managing and configuring O365
· Performs problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
· Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology.
· B.A. or B.S. in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience.
· 7+ years of expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting system
infrastructure and cloud environments
· Prior experience in a lead role on systems design and implementation
· Excellent Verbal and Written Skills – must be able to present projects to executive leadership team
· Expert Experience supporting and building enterprise VMWare environments
· Expert experience supporting Microsoft O365, Azure and AWS cloud technologies
· Strong knowledge of enterprise Windows and Linux operating systems
· Strong understanding of storage and data management technologies
· Good knowledge of host, network and cloud security principles
· Support Enterprise and highly available Microsoft SQL clusters
· Sound working knowledge of Information Security (LDAP, RBAC, Digital certificates) and Network concepts (Load balancing/ Failover, DNS, FTP, SMTP)
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
· Work environment includes typical office and datacenter related noise levels and equipment generated dust. Exposure to video display terminals and computer systems occurs on a regular basis. Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours. Scheduled night and weekend work and some local and remote travel is required. Learned physical skill is required for keyboarding and use of peripheral equipment. Moderate lifting of server equipment as required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.