Senior Manager, Advanced Fusion Center | Cleveland, OH or Remote, USA
- Cleveland, OH
- Travel Required: 30 - 39%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
As the Senior Manager for Cyber Operations, you’ll work closely with our clients, partners, and services teams to scope, design and implement a variety of solutions and services across a broad portfolio of Cyber Operations offerings to include Advanced Fusion Center, Managed Services, Managed Detection and Response, Identity and Data Management and Risk and Threat Management.
The Senior Manager will help shape the future of Optiv’s Cyber Operations solutions. This role will lead cross functional delivery through influential relationship building, providing technical, practical and pragmatic thought leadership and a strategic mindset to providing holistic cyber security solutions and outcomes for our clients. The Senior Manager will coach, mentor and support junior level resources involved in project delivery to continuously grow, evolve and mature Cyber Operations skills, capabilities and future leaders. The Senior Manager will be responsible for delivering services with technical teams that are in-house, near-shore or offshore. The Senior Manager will evangelize Cyber Operations to current and potential clients, Optiv and partner sales teams, and Optiv executive leadership.
This will be an experienced and seasoned individual in technology consulting, platform selection, and implementation as well as leading teams and projects; must have run point on multiple successful large-scale Managed Services engagements. The Senior Manager will work closely with the Services leadership team to help identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support service solutions for all aspects of the Cyber Operations Services. They will also be responsible for maintaining mature service delivery methodologies, ensure continuous improvement and maintaining the highest standards for quality in delivery and client satisfaction. The position requires a strong technical leader with outstanding customer service skills who can plan and execute to meet the established goals.
The Senior Manager will also be focused on developing business opportunities by expanding services within existing client accounts and growing profitable, long-term relationships with clients.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Through outstanding communication, collaboration and teamwork, build and maintain client relationships based on transparency, honesty and trust.
- Post-meeting follow-up with appropriate client contacts to confirm that Optiv’s understanding, strategy, and direction are in line with client expectations.
- Work closely with clients, providing clear and consistent communication on reporting, stewardship calls and in the case of escalations.
- Collaborate and consult with other group leaders on the overall advancement of the Cyber Operations organization and Optiv services in general within existing client base as well as new opportunities.
- Advise and provide input back to group leaders to drive continuous improvement and operational excellence leading to higher client retention, and improved renewal rates.
- Stay abreast of evolving risks, new developments in the security industry and industry best practices in Cyber Security.
- Support the development and contribute to pricing models and budgeting scenarios necessary for successful proposal development and service delivery.
- Help ensure solution delivery capabilities exists or quantify the path, processes, and investment necessary to building or enhancing delivery.
- Develop forecasts, metrics, monitor and evaluate the results to determine the project is meeting fiscal, delivery, and client expectations.
- Provide information for management by preparing special reports and analyses specifically related to the status and overall performance of projects. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, other group leaders regarding pertinent activities.
- Work closely with executives of clients and prospects to accelerate their work with specific security solutions and Optiv engagements.
- Work with sales teams to deliver consultative conversations with clients and operate as the “tip of the spear” for Optiv Cyber Operations services.
- Participate in architecting solutions to ensure that the client’s risk and cybersecurity requirements are met.
- Articulate conceptual, logical and physical solutions on the behalf of Optiv for the development of a Cyber Operations proposal.
- Oversee and direct the delivery of security strategy execution as part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture which encompass People, Process and Technology components.
- Comfortable leading discussions with Client executives on broad and specific Cyber Operations subject matter.
- Able to present to large groups and speak as an authority on Cyber Operations.
- Can handle difficult questions and consistently wins support from client audiences.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to ensure the Cyber Operations strategy is in conformity with Optiv’s and or client’s overall strategy.
- Provide input to other security disciplines on projects or efforts based on cyber activity or threats encountered by the Cyber Operations team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, plus 10-15 years of related work experience
- 7 - 10 years of Information Technology experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience with 5 or more of the following components of a Cyber Operations program and related people, processes and technology necessary to execute: Detection and Response, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Security Monitoring, Threat Analysis, Intelligence Operations, Hunting Operations, Platform and Device Management and Support, Orchestration and Automation, AI / Machine Learning, Third Party Risk Management, Vulnerability Management, Threat Emulation, Incident Response, Red Teaming, Asset Management, Patch Management, SOC Operations, Fusion Center Operations, Identity and Data Management, Risk and Threat Management, Cloud / Cloud Security, Data Lake.
- 3 - 5 years of practical consulting, project, program management experience on large scale, complex Cybersecurity projects performing various assessments to determine risk, threat, compliance and maturity capabilities and levels.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with regulatory, service delivery, compliance and information security frameworks for example: ITIL, GDPR, NIST CSF, ISO, PCI DSS, GLBA, HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC I/II/III, COBIT, SSAE16, CARTA, CIS Critical Security Controls and other global data sovereignty, privacy and protection laws.
- Two or more of the following professional certifications are desired: Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), ITIL Foundation/Practitioner/Intermediate Level, Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (CTIA), Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification (GIAC), Certified Cyber Intelligence Professional (CCIP).
- Highly collaborative and with the ability to lead by influence with and direct teams located at multiple locations, track & manage simultaneous activities juggling many competing priorities and deadlines and yet can establish and maintain focus on completing critical tasks in a timely manner while remaining composed, objective and diplomatic.
- Strong technical background combined with solid business experience, high business acumen.
- Strong written and presentational skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences.
- Proven strong analytical skills and problem solving yet understands when to escalate and can influence without direct authority.
- Demonstrable knowledge of security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, security and IT architecture strategies and governance frameworks and methodologies.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 40% over the course of the year.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.