Solution Director - Cyber Operations I Atlanta, Kansas City, Dallas, Denver, or Remote USA
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Travel Required: 10 - 19%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
As the Solution Director for Cyber Operations , you’ll work closely with our customers, partners, and services teams to guide solutions from conception to launch by acting as an essential role bridging the technical and business worlds to design solutions and services that inspire our customers and are compelling to the market.
As a Solution Director you'll be responsible for developing and executing solution strategies designed to drive overall business within one of the six major service capabilities and work with that team to develop solutions and services, Go-to-Market, and develop significant business relationships to execute on the market potential and benefits possible for the security capability.
The Solution Director will be responsible for a number of solution development activities ranging from creation, management, launch, overall governance, and ultimately decommissioning. The key elements are ensuring a full range of input from across the business, Cyber Operations, customers, and industry as a whole to translate to the development and overall success of solutions.
- Creating and managing a solution roadmap for Cyber Operations
- Orchestrate overall product lifecycle management from concept to end of life
- Oversee competitive and market research and analysis as they relate to existing and developing solutions
- Support the development and contribute to pricing models and budgeting scenarios necessary for successful launch and delivery
- Ensure solution delivery capabilities exists or quantify the path, processes, and investment necessary to building or enhancing delivery
- Work with capability leaders and teams to drive new ideas and approaches, solutions and products through leadership,
- Develop solution forecasts and metrics, and monitor and evaluate the results to determine the solution is meeting fiscal, delivery, and customer expectations
- Help to determines customers' needs and desires by working directly with key clients, capability leadership, and specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Assesses market competition by comparing the Capability’s solutions to various trends in the industry and within Optiv
- Provide information for management by preparing special reports and analyses specifically related to the status and overall performance of solutions
- Contribute to pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Define, lead, and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific services offerings across a security domain, collaborating cross-functionally across regions and internal organizational functions
- Responsible for managing all related solutions and services through the services solutions management lifecycle
- Initiate comprehensive assessments of relevant industry trends and business requirements to help successfully develop solutions roadmaps and launch new solutions
- Produce and review product/market requirements documents (MRD/PRD)
- Define and prioritize key target segments, understanding market needs and working with customer groups to refine solutions strategy
- Senior Management liaison to provide timely reporting of alpha/beta programs, solution launches/extensions, and ongoing sales, revenue and profitability performance against defined business targets
- Work closely with executives of customers and prospects to accelerate their work with specific security solutions
- Work closely with solutions marketing to contribute to solution positioning, competitive analysis and messaging platforms to guide creative marketing & PR campaigns.
- Work with internal engineering team/product development team on product/service build
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or equivalent field. MBA a plus.
- 6-8 years of demonstrated success in fast-paced product management role for cyber security software, analytics and/or XaaS-based solutions
- Proven record of accomplishment of launching successful solutions, managing releases and executing winning solutions and launches with a small team
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal stakeholders from various parts of the organization and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Experience working closely with engineering organization to define applications and tools and manage them through the entire product life cycle
- Strong technical background combined with solid business experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Likes change
- Willingness to travel (30%) periodically
- High energy/high focus
- Ability to juggle many competing priorities/deadlines
- High personal integrity, self-motivated, passionate team-oriented individual
- Highly collaborative and with the ability to lead by influence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.