SOC Endpoint Engineer
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The SOC Endpoint Engineer is key member of a 24x7 team of security experts providing security platform management and operations for global fortune 500 clients. The SOC Endpoint Engineer will help deliver the Optiv vision of redefining traditional SOC operations using automation, orchestration and analytics.
The SOC Endpoint Engineer’s role is to provide streamlined platform management and security operations primarily for solutions that align with the following categories: Endpoint Prevention, Endpoint Detection & Response, and Mobile Security.
In addition, the SOC Systems Engineer believes and lives the Cyber Operations - Fusion Center's guiding principles:
- Deliver quality security outcomes
- Drive efficient and timely operations
- Actualize continual improvement and innovation
- Protect the customer
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in a 24x7 delivery team, which may include on-call and weekend work.
- Manage assigned security platforms, following clients procedures if required, which includes:
- Device health and availability monitoring
- Device health incident resolution and escalation
- Configuration changes and request processing
- Device tuning and patching
- Major upgrade and enhancements review
- Hardware replacement management
- License management
- Create and maintain operational documentation required for technology management processes or to maintain device health.
- Complete assigned projects on time and with excellent quality.
- Be a thought leader in security engineering and operations delivery - driving automation, analytics, and advanced threat analysis.
- Continually improving delivery processes in order to drive operational excellence.
- Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Next Generation infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with vendors and customers.
- Keep current with the latest vendor updates, expansion opportunities, and technology directions for all assigned platforms.
- Practice continual self-improvement thru education, training, and certification.
- Document time spent on each client daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience with one or more of the following security platforms, and a willingness to learn all of them if not already proficient:
- Palo Alto Traps
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Symantec Data Center Security
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention
- Symantec PGP
- 5+ years' Security Engineering or Information Security experience.
- 5+ years' networking experience.
- At least one certification in Security including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CISM or other security specific vendor/product certifications.
- Certification in platforms listed under Required Skills, such as Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study; at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security and Networking required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of current network security, network hardware, protocols, and standards required.
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues required.
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem solving activities under pressure.
- Previous management and project leadership experience required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.