Cloud Security Engineer (GCP) | Remote, USA
- Denver, CO, USA
- Travel Required: 40 - 49%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
You have a strong software engineering background, but find more excitement in building and scaling systems and processes (of the technical and non-technical kind) along the lines of the DevOps and Agile mantra People > Process > Tools.
You are comfortable playing the part of Subject Matter Expert in cloud, knowing that there are hundreds of cloud services and no one can actually be an expert at all of them. You know your limitations and reach out to other Nerds as needed to meet client needs. You like working collaboratively in cross-functional teams, but you could just as easily individually scope and deliver a cloud engagement within your realm of expertise.
• 1+ year hands-on experience with GCP and 5+ years in IT or IT consulting roles
• One or more GCP certifications or ability to pass one within first three months
• Robust understanding of resilient, highly available application architectures on GCP
• Experience architecting an entire cloud environment including account structure and network controls such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), subnets, and security groups, not just a single workload
• Strong software engineering background with heterogeneous infrastructure automation experience • Experience with at least one cloud orchestration tool such as Terraform or Google Deployment Manager Templates
• Ability to provide technical feedback and leadership to other team members
• Client-facing presentation & problem-solving skills adaptable to both technical and business audiences
• 7 years of experience in any of the following: security research, forensics, network security, or intrusion detection.
• Experience in TCP/IP concepts and application protocols.
• Experience in Python and SQL.
• Experience in one of the following: security operations, incident response, policy enforcement/user trust/risk/fraud investigation/product abuse.
• Knowledge of database structures and/or working with Unix/Linux.
• Demonstrated analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, as well as the technical know-how and ability to work with your team to make a big impact.
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers