Technical Account Manager I Remote, USA
- Denver, CO
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Technical Account Managers will perform recurring client business review sessions and NIST Cybersecurity Framework assessments to articulate and represent Optiv Cyber Operations service delivery to the client, and how this delivery meets outcomes agreed to contractually and the client’s needs. Technical Account Managers will be the ingestion point for client escalations and concerns and will support the Director of Client Engagement in the technical remediation of client escalations for the client’s they are assigned to. Therefore, a strong command of cyber operations technical and procedural concepts with an in-depth understanding of relevant frameworks, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
The Technical Account Manager leads and directs multiple, technical engagements across one or more clients under limited supervision. The Technical Account Manager manages strategic technical engagements from inception to completion, identifying and documenting requirements, supporting clients on various information security initiatives, keeping all stakeholders apprised of progress and status, and managing issues to resolution. Technical Account Managers are responsible for the oversight and delivery of tailored outcomes to meet client needs over the contract life-cycle (Assessment, Design, Implementation, Operation, Optimization). Technical Account Managers are expected to build trust and relationships with clients and leadership through the delivery of successful outcomes.
Finally, the Technical Account Manager will own, develop and support key process indicators to understand client satisfaction. This includes repeatable measurement of client satisfaction KPIs and working across Optiv Technical Teams at the direction of the Director to facilitate operational corrective actions needed to address tactical and systemic client satisfaction issues.
In addition, the Technical Account Manager believes and lives the Cyber Operations guiding principles:
- Deliver quality security outcomes
- Drive efficient and timely operations
- Actualize continual improvement and innovation
- Protect the customer
How you’ll make an impact:
- Actively participate in a 24x7 delivery team, which may include on-call and weekend work
- Account management Lifecycle Management
- Conduct Business Review Sessions with clients
- Client Risk KRI development and reporting
- Client Satisfaction KPI development and reporting
- Thoroughly understand the clients ongoing security needs and assist the Cyber Operations service delivery teams to cover all client operational and strategic meetings
- With stakeholders on project performance and project issues.
- Conduct and coordinate meetings and provide project update summaries
- Client concerns, questions and conflicts to sales and service delivery teams.
- Generate and distribute status reports and lead meetings to disseminate appropriate information to stakeholders.
- Review and lead clarification of project scope captured in the services statement of work and working closely with the customer and sales to identify specific customer requirements.
- Clearly set expectations in order to align the stakeholders and team members
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of common project management approaches (PMI, PRINCE, SCRUM, AGILE, SAFE)
- Delivery & Performance Management.
- Escalation Management – Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Executive Reporting and Presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem identification and resolution strategies
- Proven ability to take proactive steps to protect Optiv and the client from issues and risks
- Proven approach to proactively monitor and report on timelines and deliverables
- Ability to build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- At least one certification in Security including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CISM or another security-specific vendor/product certifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study; at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security required.
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple Cyber Operations functional areas; threat analysis, intelligence operations, SIEM, security technology management, identity, risk and threat assessment, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NIST CSF, MITRE ATT&CK framework, CARTA, ISO, PCI, SOC 2, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple cyber security platforms; SIEM, firewall, UTM, IDPS, Endpoint Security, vulnerability scanning, identity solutions, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role as an engineer, analyst, architect, integrator, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing project/program delivery leadership role within a professional services or consulting organization
- 3+ years of experience with cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization and or containerization
- Security Project Management expertise specifically demonstrated success managing multiple clients and disparate initiatives on a long term-basis.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organizational skills
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept in planning, leading change management, working in a fast-paced environment, and multi-tasking skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.