- Overland Park, KS, USA
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Accountant maintains and manages accounts and ledger records and provides management with financial information while auditing for compliance. The Senior Accountant must maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality as related to business funds.
The Senior Accountant compiles and analyzes financial information, develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations, and creates and analyzes monthly quarterly, and annual reports. The Senior Accountant performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts, and also supports internal departments and teams
How you’ll make an impact:
- Perform accurate revenue recognition for Professional Services by assigned service area.
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly back-log and revenue by service area and product.
- Prepare month-end Balance Sheet Schedules for the reconciliation book with required supporting documentation.
- Analyze and reconcile specified general ledger accounts monthly.
- Provide Month/Quarter/Year End close assistance.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports, prepare journal entries, ensure timely and accurate reporting, compliance with appropriate accounting methods.
- Prepare year-end audit work papers and assistance with yearend audit
- Prepare analyses of key financial metrics and dashboard(s)
- Provide analysis and support for other departments as assigned.
- Perform analysis and review of P&L’s monthly and helps address questions from P&L holders
- Review accounting processes and recommend changes as needed.
- Perform other duties or ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college in Accounting
- At least 2 or more years of public accounting experience a plus or 2 or more years of corporate finance experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting practices and procedures.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of the department and to various changes in priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel required.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers