Senior Consultant II - Threat
- Bengaluru, India
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Senior Security Consultant I for Application Security Consultant is responsible for effective delivery of engagements along with innovation and advancement efforts for the practice within their area of expertise. These efforts focus on revenue, profit, training, intellectual property development, partner relationships and Optiv brand advancement. This position assists the practice manager in establishing and executing the strategy and direction for the assigned technology sector.
- The Senior Security Consultant I Application Security Engineer will perform daily, hands-on, software security assessment and remediation activities as part of the application security program.
- Perform software security activities within the defined application security program including; application vulnerability testing and analysis, code review, use of common tools, written and verbal articulation of remediation recommendations and follow up.
- Write deliverables and complete project documentation
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance as well as research and recommend new solutions and services
- Experience in AppSec and Mobile Applications.
- Provides strategic-level technical and project support to ensure engagements are delivered in a consistently high-quality manner. Common delivery responsibilities for a Principal Consultant include:
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to enhance engagement effectiveness.
- Assist in post-mortem analysis of engagements to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide assistance for problematic engagements through triage and recovery planning.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the project team.
- Identify and recommend improvements in Optiv’s methodology and internal processes and to provide input and support for updating consulting tools and techniques.
- Define and improve strategic processes and direction for project execution.
- Work directly with the delivery team to ensure the effectiveness of developed documentation.
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of evidence or data or when there is conflicting evidence or data.
- Able to work in an environment where the structure and direction may be unclear or changing.
- Ability to avoid and manage conflict and create “win-win” scenarios in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate in a hostile, antagonistic or highly emotional atmosphere.
- Capable of building collaboration among team members by sharing information and resources.
- Strong public speaking, presentation and superior writing skills.
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements in Optiv’s methodology and internal processes
- Provide input and support for updating consulting tools and techniques.
- Develop and maintain required tools and documentation for service delivery, presales and marketing.
- Create and deliver training at a conceptual and technical level for presales and delivery teams.
- Mentor and lead other members of the team, assisting with guidance and skill development (both technical & non-technical).
- Assist Practice Resource Manager with developing & executing training plans for the team
Industry Knowledge and Development
- Able to assist in setting the strategic direction of the practice based on experience and industry background.
- Participate in regional or national organizations focused on industry trends and advancement.
- Able to represent the practice and Accuvant through speaking engagements, marketing events and informational outlets such as blogs and social media.
- Capable of developing and publishing whitepapers and clarity documents for internal and external audiences.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in application security, or related roles
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a consulting services role, or related information security positions
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to client sites
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Documented knowledge of experience in AppSec and Mobile Applications
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive application testing methodology
- Gray box application testing
- Code review and static analysis
- Experienced with current static analysis tools
- Mobile application testing including an understanding of the threat classes for mobile applications; experience performing mobile application assessments on the iOS, WinPhone, and Android platforms.
- Threat Modeling and SDL processes
- Development experience in: .Net (C#/VB.Net), Java, Ruby, PHP, Python (along with common development frameworks derived from that list)
- Experience in Ruby or Python for project tools
- Technical Bachelors’ degree or related experience
- Current certifications related to Application Security
- Recognized as an industry leader in the security community
- Experience presenting relevant security topics at security conferences, professional associations, etc.
- Completion of security-related research papers
- Strong relationships with security experts within the industry
- College degree is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance: GLBA, SOX, PCI, HIPAA and Assessment Services
- A current driver’s license is required
- Thorough understanding of large-scale environments
- Strong relationships with security experts within the region
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent, detailed writing skills with expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Ability to build consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.