Senior Consultant - Fortinet I Remote USA
- Denver, CO, USA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
Professional Services Consultants with significant security technology experience in implementing, upgrading and optimizing client security environments, with a demonstrated ability to lead projects.
How you’ll make an impact:
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry. Our consultants are billable resources on client engagements and have the ability to deliver with little supervisory oversight.
- Participate in capacity planning and hardware specification recommendation efforts.
- Participate in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts.
- Design and implement on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use.
- Provide knowledge transfer and post production support activities as necessary.
- Be an effective team communicator.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certifications.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- Hands-on experience designing, configuring, and troubleshooting all of the following core Fortinet products: FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer
- Preferable experience with
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting FSSO integrations
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting at least 5 of the following features: AntiVirus, Web Filter, DNS Filter, Application Control, Intrusion Prevention, Anti-Spam, Data Leak Prevention, and SSL Inspection
- Advanced hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Practical understanding of the zero trust security and its application in real-world environments
- Expert understanding of the OSI model and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in a customer facing/consulting capacity
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of two (2) years of related work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of technical architecture experience
- Thorough understanding of large scale enterprise environments
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent, detailed writing skills
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs (40-50% travel)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers