- Denver OR REMOTE, CO, United States
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
Do you have a passion for writing compelling technical B2B thought leadership content? Are you skilled at translating complex technical concepts into thought-provoking narratives (and have the portfolio to prove it)? The Optiv Solutions Marketing team is seeking a talented, detail-oriented and experienced writer to write long-form and short-form marketing content. In this role, you will collaborate with solutions marketers, technical subject matter experts and leadership teams to gather information, learn business and cybersecurity strategies, and write original content that resonates with our target audiences including technology users, board-level influencers, and buyers, is technically accurate and meets Optiv brand standards and voice.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced B2B writer and editor who is collaborative and flexible with a proven ability to interpret data to tell a well-crafted story. This individual must be a creative thinker with the ability to clearly articulate Optiv’s point of view on complicated issues. He/she will also be highly data-driven in their approach, with experience interpreting data through storytelling to influence C-suite and buying decision makers in Fortune 1000 companies.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborate with solution marketers to understand customer pain points and the strategies required to solve them and distill into a well-crafted and compelling story.
- Interview internal technical subject matter experts to collect information, understand business and technical concepts, and write original content that influences our target audiences.
- Pitch well planned thought leadership content ideas to leadership.
- Leverage internal and external research resources to support your stories with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Collaborate with and support other writers by providing helpful feedback and serving as editor.
- Partner with our internal design team to bring your words to life.
- Deliver quality and timely long and short-form content to meet set marketing goals.
- Lend your expertise to support the broader cross-functional marketing team, as needed.
- Understand content types and messaging needs required within a B2B buying cycle.
- 8+ years’ experience writing strategic B2B content, preferably for a cybersecurity, research/analyst firm or technology enterprise.
- Must be able to work independently and have confident and competent ability to create publishable content that is well thought-out with no grammar or technical errors.
- Demonstrated success creating high-impact narratives to effectively communicate how to solve business problems and offer thought leadership perspective through creative thinking.
- Collaborative and analytical thinker with a proven ability to learn and clearly communicate new concepts.
- An effective multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and functions, receptive to feedback and input from others, and quick to apply changes.
- A rich portfolio of your work is required and should include white papers, thought leadership articles and a variety of supporting formats that clearly showcase your ability to communicate complex concepts, technologies and strategies.
- Multiple long and short-form samples, references and writing test required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.