Corporate Travel Consultant | Remote, USA
- Denver, CO, USA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Corporate Travel Consultant arranges travel for and provides travel support to all Optiv Employees for daily corporate travel as well as Executive and meeting related travel.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations for all employees, including Executives and identify travel preferences. Including but not limited to airfare, hotel, and transportation.
- Schedule travel arrangements according to Corporate travel policies in a timely and professional manner using the Worldspan GDS for all airfare, car rental, and hotel bookings.
- Arrange outside services not available via the Worldspan GDS
- Maintain costs and work within established travel budgets and policies.
- Maintain costs and manage budgets for meeting travel and track changes and expenses so that expenditures can be tracked and used for future budgeting.
- Vendor negotiation skills required for negotiating transient rates and group/meeting rates.
- Working with vendors to provide all meeting needs, including but not limited to set-up, AV, food and beverage needs and room blocks.
- Assist with Concur bookings that require changes, Concur profiles that need updates or other general Concur travel related needs.
- Book International travel and have a complete understanding of international rules and requirements for travel.
- Assess fare rules and restrictions quickly and efficiently for last minute travel or travel changes and understand exchange functions for changes.
- Work an On-Call weekend rotation every 4-6 weeks
- Work flexible hours as needed between 6 am and 11 pm CST Monday – Friday
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or Travel Industry Related Degree required.
- Travel Certifications preferred.
- 8 or more years GDS experience, Worldspan strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years of VIP or Executive Travel experience.
- 5 or more years of Group and Meeting Planning experience.
- 8 or more years’ experience as a travel agent and/or corporate travel coordinator required.
- Experience and understanding of complex ticketing rules and fares for both Domestic and International travel, hotel and car bookings, and overall reservations procedures required.
- Must have an understanding of Concur Travel to assist with online bookings.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to work through complex situations and offer fast and efficient solutions.
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time while also handling daily travel requests.
- Able to work in a high intensity, fast-paced environment requiring the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detailed oriented and accurate in all areas of work required.
- Flexibility-possibly accepting calls after hours or on the weekends for emergencies or last-minute travel needs required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Must be available to work an on-call rotation Friday – Sunday every 4-6 weeks.
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers