Purchasing Specialist - Any U.S. Location
- Denver, CO, USA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
To provide exceptional service, support, and communication through direct management of customer orders, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention through processing orders, inquiries, and order management as the liaison with the sales team, purchasing, billing, and collections. The Purchasing Specialists report to the Purchasing Manager.
- Process purchase orders for client manager accounts in accordance with current guidelines booking service level turnaround time (within 24 hours for bookable orders)
- Manage internal customer inquiries and communications in a professional manner ensuring that resolution is always provided
- Maintain the progression of the orders through fulfillment.
- Research & revise any issues working with sales personnel linking all relevant documentation within NetSuite for auditing purposes.
- Work closely with Sales team, purchasing, vendors and distribution center personnel coordinating changes needed on customer orders and determining order status, contacting sales as needed.
- Investigates customer issues, supplying resolutions including but not limited to invoice disputes and proof of delivery of credit transactions for price adjustments or order entry errors (OM responsible for ensuring all credits have been appropriately authorized prior to preparing credit transactions)
- Maintains the Return Authorization process in adherence to company policy
- Keep Purchasing Standard Operating Procedures updated
- Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation and coordination with internal departments
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base on product management through all aspects of the purchasing lifecycle
- Customer focus – focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to exercise good judgment with established departmental guidelines.
- Ability to identify actions necessary to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Business Acumen
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities in a high volume work environment.
- He/she must be able to take ownership and drive the resolution of issues despite the origination.
- A sound understanding of customer service, order processing, credit processing, and billing principles.
- Proven ability to reconcile and audit data effectively with previous involvement in audit and compliance reviews.
- Sound computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, NetSuite, and SalesForce.
- H. S. diploma and at least 5 years work experience or college degree.
- Minimum 3 years order processing.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Candidate must have excellent organizational, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Priority setting
- Conflict management
- Comfort around higher management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.