Cloud Security Architect (Remote/Virtual)
- Seattle, WA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Cloud Security Architects will lead the design and development of the Azure, AWS, VMWare security architectures for protecting PHI/PII/PCI data deployed into different types of cloud and cloud/hybrid systems. This position will directly contribute to the overall global enterprise cloud architecture and lead the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications, across all types (including Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
The Cloud Security Architect will serve as the central point of contact for Enterprise Security for other Technology teams within the organization for all matters related to cloud security reporting into Security Program Director. The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect Organization intellectual property globally.
LOCATION IS REMOTE WORKING; CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN the UNITED STATES *preferred near a major airport.
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems. Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms. Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Organization and with appropriate security controls present.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout the organization in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions. Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the company environments. Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
• College degree or/equivalent and 10 years related work experience, required
• 10 years experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
• 5 years experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX
• Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX
• Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
• Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
• Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) preferred.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
• Technical writing experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.