Staff Full Stack Engineer, Web Delivery
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Engineering
Optimizely is the world’s leader in Progressive Delivery and Experimentation. Its platform includes technologies for modern software development, such as feature flags, progressive rollouts, A/B testing at scale, AI-powered personalization, and real-time analytics. Millions of experiments and feature flags have been run on our platform to understand what works — and what doesn’t — eliminating guesswork. The world’s greatest companies choose Optimizely to power their product development and experimentation teams, including Visa, H&M, StubHub, IBM, Atlassian, BBC, and many more.
You will have broad influence, leadership, and impact on shaping the future direction of our web experimentation product, in terms of the product and technology roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build new services and/or contribute to existing services that support our web experimentation product.
- Collaborate with internal teams for building and/or tweaking shared services to support new use cases, yet stay integral to their core purpose.
- Support existing SLO(s) and suggest new ones that can keep us accountable for the highest standards in proactively supporting our customers.
- Troubleshoot customer issues by diving deep into application logs collected through in-house and third-party observability partners.
- Using Optimizely on Optimizely to iterate on the best possible user experience we could deliver to our customers.
- Publishing external blogs or talks about noteworthy technical / non-technical accomplishments.
Why is this team important to Optimizely?
- Business Impact: This team supports the web experimentation product, which has always been the highest revenue-generating product at Optimizely
- High Visibility: Our web product is adopted by our strategic and highest paying Fortune 100 clients to drive key business metrics.
- Help shape the Future: This team supports a rich customer base that is already bought into experimentation and willing to work with us for expanded use cases.
- Innovation: Delivered performance enhancement solutions by pioneering the edge computing space, which marks us as the world’s fastest experimentation platform
Some technologies we work with:
- Google Data Store, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Google App Engine, AWS cloud, Cloudflare Workers
- Honeycomb, NewRelic, SpeedCurve
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent work experience.
- You have 8+ years of experience in the software industry
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You have experience with some of the technologies mentioned above
- You are self-motivated, yet still, enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience to web page performance
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience of browser internals
- [bonus] Experience working with go-to-market teams
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity through our values and actions. It is core to Optimizely’s culture, as well as our success, that we are an equal opportunity employer who makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are looking to create a diverse and multifaceted team where everyone is welcome. As part of this mission, we prohibit discrimination in any form. Read more about our culture and check out our fantastic benefits at optimizely.com/careers/.
Psst... There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate! So don’t let imposter syndrome hold you back. Please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday - we look forward to receiving your application!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.