Enterprise Account Executive
- San Francisco, CA
- Department: Sales
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
It is our job to acquire and cultivate relationships with our most strategic customers through proactive targeted efforts by effectively aligning internal resources to their needs. In the Enterprise role we work with Fortune 1000 organizations who spend upwards of 25-200M in digital advertising.
How you will make an impact
- Responsible for Annual Recurring Revenue (new + expansion + renewal of accounts)
- Strategically OWN the accounts in your territory and grow the “book of business”
- Understand the business direction and goals of the accounts as a whole
- Add value to the customer long-term by becoming a subject matter expert in vertical to be a trusted advisor who understands business value - industry knowledge, competitive landscape, core business model for that vertical
- Account plan for future product expansion and to grow accounts over time
- Create an executive network within accounts in territory
- Map relationships from executives to users with the Optimizely account team
- Meet with customers in person when needed (travel up to 30%)
- Project manage across multiple business units within accounts
- Work with internal departments to coordinate resources to make account successful
- Manage legal/procurement process to create scalable global agreements
- Minimum of 4+ years of proven experience selling enterprise software solutions
- Experience selling SaaS solutions, CMS, CRO Software, email technology, website analytics, or software platform solutions
- Ability to build outbound pipeline
- Experience developing executive relationships
- Experience mapping internal and external resources to accounts
- An understanding of marketing technology trends to help recommend product direction (both Optimizely specific and other 3rd party)
- Understanding of corporate structures to guide business + legal discussions
- Detailed account planning experience (not just territory planning)
- Experience getting wide and deep within accounts (execution of account plan)
- Background of managing complex deal cycles (detailed close plans, separate business and technical evaluation tracks, manage detailed contract negotiations)
- You are coachable and willing to learn new skills
- You are self-motivated, hardworking and proactive
- You have a strong business acumen
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.