Lead Front End Developer, On-Demand Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Services
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
The On-Demand Services (“ODS”) team is Optimizely's new secret weapon. We provide expertise to help our Enterprise clients fully leverage the Optimizely platform via a monthly subscription access to an experienced experimentation team of strategy consultants, optimization managers, designers, developers, etc.) As a team, we help augment and support those clients with experimentation teams who may be strapped for internal resources and/or want to increase experimentation velocity. In every interaction, we put our clients first and strive to exceed every expectation. Our ultimate goal is to deliver that “wow” experience that turns clients into Optimizely evangelists, and customers for life.
The Lead Front-End Developer is a key member of Optimizely’s fast-growing On-Demand Services offering. In this role, you’ll be in a unique position and on the front lines of some of the world’s most innovative company’s digital experimentation programs. Working with our team of offshore developers, you’ll play a critical role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures for test builds under the ODS program. You’ll also work with customers, working with their developers and/or explain complex technical concepts behind some of the test developments.
How you will make an impact
- Define, develop and implement best practices and procedures for our development process under the ODS program
- Take test/experiment & design requirements and subsequently turn that into technical requirements for development and build
- Lead and manage a team of offshore developers to develop and build experiments for our customers
- Augment and help with test builds when necessary
- Review designs created by web designers; ask any necessary clarifying questions before starting work
- Write code to implement visual elements into various web applications
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Identify and troubleshoot various website issues and coding problems
- Collaborate with members of the website team, including designers and back-end developers, to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of web applications
- Maintain updated knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in technology
- Meet tight deadlines as required
- Ensure the code is valid, properly structured and compatible with multiple browsers, mobile devices and operating systems
- 5+ years front end web development experience including design of front end applications
- You have production experience on single-page frontend applications
- You are excited by making fast user experiences and enjoy tackling ambiguous performance problems
- You’ve architected frontends for several engineers with reusability, modularity, performance/scalability, and reliability in mind
- You’ve introduced new technologies to an existing codebase in a logical and deliberate manner
- Experience writing and supporting reusable and maintainable APIs
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment and have strong empathy for your customers
- Experience writing requirements for fellow developers
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) experience and consumer facing product management experience preferred
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front end design and development
- Ability to interpret and implement web designs
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or clients
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements
- Experience in developing responsive solutions
- Knowledgeable in standard tools used in graphic editing and front end development – e.g. the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of using third party CMS solutions
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.