Director, Digital Experience Optimization, On-Demand Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Services
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
The Digital Experience Optimization, On-Demand Services (“ODS”) team is Optimizely's new secret weapon. We provide expertise to help our Enterprise clients fully leverage the Optimizely platform via a monthly subscription access to an experienced experimentation team of strategy consultants, optimization managers, designers, developers, etc.) As a team, we help augment and support those clients with experimentation teams who may be strapped for internal resources and/or want to increase experimentation velocity. In every interaction, we put our clients first and strive to exceed every expectation. Our ultimate goal is to deliver that “wow” experience that turns clients into Optimizely evangelists, and customers for life.
As the Director of our On-Demand Services team, you’ll be in a unique position and on the front lines of some of the world’s most innovative company’s digital experimentation programs. You’ll collaborate with the Vice President of Global Professional Services and other stakeholders in other key organizations to help develop, manage and grow our ODS program and strategy. You’ll subsequently be managing the execution cycle of the test by working with our team of designers, developers, and QA analysts. You’ll help ensure that the ODS program is hitting its financial plan and guide decision making related to spending and scaling ODS operations.
How you will make an impact
- Help build and scale a Digital Experience Optimization (DXO) practice that provides strategic ideation, design guidance, development and quality assurance support to a growing number of customers focused on digital experience optimization
- Lead, and build a team of Optimization Managers, Project Managers, Designers, Developers, and QA Engineers to execute the experiments for our customers.
- Manage our partner strategy and approach to supporting the ODS program
- Partner with our Director of Strategy & Operations to drive the operational cadence for the group, measure and track critical KPIs and initiatives and present to an executive leadership audience
- Strong requirements: writing, communication skills, project management, and technical aptitude required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in web optimization
- Leadership Skills: A hands-on leader who has demonstrated ability to leverage deep experience across a number of corporate functions to build and lead the team by: developing a plan for the management of the function; clearly communicating this plan to the team; monitoring progress against objectives, inspiring the team to perform at their highest levels, and by ensuring the success of subordinates in their respective roles through guidance and support.
- People Management Skill: Experience managing, and building, high-performing teams with 10+ members
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) experience and consumer facing product management experience preferred.
- An understanding of web analytics and key metrics that digital companies use to measure digital performance
- Ability to build trust with a variety of your client’s stakeholders, from executives to developers to marketing and product managers
- Strong client management skills with executive level communication experience
- Experience with web analytics software, such as Google Analytics and KissMetrics
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage time effectively
- Experience with BI tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, Heap, Tableau
- Preferable: Experience with AB testing tools such as Optimizely and VWO
- 4-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, affinity for numbers and the ability to process complex calculations quickly and accurately
- Exceptional customer insights and proven success utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, multi-task and participate in team-based planning process
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.