Senior Software Engineer, Front End
- Austin, TX, USA
- Department: Engineering
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
We're looking for experienced front end software engineers to join our Account Services team. As a member of this team, you'll be building features that enable some of the world’s largest companies—including over 24 of the Fortune 100—to deliver digital experiences that delight customers through the use of Optimizely experiments, personalization and feature management.
As an engineer on this team, you'll partner with product management, engineering, and design to build user interfaces that power companies' experimentation programs. You'll work with people who share a passion for empathizing with customers while thinking deeply about elegant solutions that scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and building high-quality enterprise software.
Our stack: We build with React and manage state with NuclearJS, our open-source Flux implementation using Immutable.js data structures. We write ES2015, leverage Webpack and Babel to deliver an application that is written with clean code that is performantly delivered to our users. Our React components and Sass code are reusable, generic, and live standalone in the freely available OUI library.
- You have production experience in single-page frontend applications built on frameworks and libraries like ReactJS, AngularJS, or VueJS.
- You have experience with modern web testing frameworks (Karma/Jasmine, Jest, etc.), build systems (Grunt, Webpack), and have written highly scalable, reliable front end applications.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills can work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, product managers, designers, and so on.
- You have strong product sensibilities and deep empathy for customers.
- You have some experience developing/debugging the backend
- You're excited to rally engineers around you to solve a deep customer problem, even when no one asked you to.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.