Internship - Product Designer, SF
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Design
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
As a Summer 2020 intern, you'll do everything that a full time Optimizely product designer does! You'll collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers; design new features and ship them to customers; work on our design system, Axiom; and participate in design sprints and workshop. And you'll also get to participate in our summer Hackathon.
You'll also get 1:1 mentorship experience with an Optimizely product designer who will make sure that you thrive at Optimizely. Additionally, you will have regular coaching sessions with your manager.
What's it like for interns who work at Optimizely?
We treat our interns like full-time employees: your opinions and ideas matter here and can shape the way we build things. Interns have worked on a number of impactful features and products that have made it to the hands of our customers during their summer.
- You're passionate, curious, and/or skilled in product design.
- You have demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for learning about the fundamentals of design—typography, grids, etc.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, product managers, engineers, and partners outside of the design team.
- You have some design experience, preferably with product design
- Your experience is less important than your enthusiasm for learning and collaboration.
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.