Sr. Optimization Manager, On-Demand Services
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: Services
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
The Digital Experience Optimization, On-Demand Services (“ODS”) team is Optimizely's new secret weapon. As a team consisting of strategy consultants, optimization managers, designers and developers, we help augment and support those clients with experimentation teams and/or want to increase experimentation velocity on the Optimizely platform. In every interaction, we put our clients first and strive to exceed every expectation. Our ultimate goal is to deliver that “wow” experience that turns clients into Optimizely evangelists, and customers for life.
The Optimization Manager is a key member of Optimizely’s fast-growing On-Demand Services offering. You’ll be in a unique position, on the front lines of some of the world’s most innovative company’s digital experimentation programs. You’ll help your clients decide what to test and what the best approach would be for testing a given hypothesis. You’ll subsequently be managing the execution cycle of the test by working with our team of designers, developers, and QA engineers. Eventually, you’ll review the results of an experiment with your client and help them uncover any business learnings.
How you will make an impact
- Help build and scale a Digital Experience Optimization (DXO) practice that provides strategic ideation, design guidance, development and quatlity assurance support to a growing number of customer focused on digital experience optimization
- Take vague ideas or requirements from a client and subsequently turn that into a recommendation of how to frame the experiment from an experiment design and UX design standpoint
- Lead and collaborate with a team of other Optimization Managers, Designers, Developers, and QA Engineers to execute the experiments for our customer.
- Run weekly or bi-weekly calls with your clients where you’ll discuss the results of recently completed tests, the status of experiments in the design/dev cycle, and strategize on future experiments
- Strong requirements: writing, communication skills, project management, and technical aptitude required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in web optimization
- Leadership Skills: A hands-on leader who has demonstrated ability to leverage deep experience across a number of corporate functions to build and lead the team by: developing a plan for the management of the function; clearly communicating this plan to the team; monitoring progress against objectives, inspiring the team to perform at their highest levels, and by ensuring the success of subordinates in their respective roles through guidance and support.
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) experience and consumer facing product management experience preferred.
- An understanding of web analytics and key metrics that digital companies use to measure digital performance
- Ability to build trust with a variety of your client’s stakeholders, from executives to developers to marketing and product managers
- Strong client management skills with customer service and communication experience
- Experience writing requirements for designers, front-end developers, and QA analysts
- Experience with web analytics software, such as Google Analytics and KissMetrics
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage time effectively
- Experience with BI tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, Heap, Tableau
- Preferable: Experience with AB testing tools such as Optimizely and VWO
- 4-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, affinity for numbers and the ability to process complex calculations quickly and accurately
- Exceptional customer insights and proven success utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, multi-task and participate in team-based planning process
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.