Principal Product Manager, Analytics & Data Platform
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product
Optimizely is the world’s leading experimentation platform, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class software. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Optimizely’s Data Platform is the core foundation of our Experimentation and Personalization products. The platform is built on a modern technology stack that operates at a scale of billions of events per day, enabling leading brands to accelerate their impact on the world by turning data into actionable decisions.
We are looking for an experienced product leader for our Data Platform and the analytics products it powers. A few of the areas you will own:
- The results experiences and APIs that give customers a real-time view into the performance of their digital experiments on the metrics that matter most to them.
- Our industry-leading Stats Engine that allows customers to understand the impact of their experiments and take action with confidence.
- The data ecosystem services, such as analytics integrations and Data Warehouse connectors, that help customers connect their experimentation data with the rest of their ecosystem to supercharge their analysis workflow.
- Algorithmic personalization, using emerging machine learning techniques like word embeddings to help companies provide relevant, targeted experiences
Why is this exciting for you?
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of Analytics for the leading Experimentation platform in the world.
- You will work closely with a team of engineers, ML/data scientists, designers, statisticians and product managers to deliver analytics experiences that operate at web scale
- You will have regular customer interaction with analytics leaders from the world’s most recognizable brands.
- You will be a public facing evangelist for Optimizely’s Analytics and Stats Engine.
- You will partner cross-functionally with our Go-to-Market teams to launch new products and close business.
- You will have the opportunity to lead, inspire and foster a culture of deep customer empathy within your team and beyond.
- 6+ years SaaS product management experience, preferably working on analytics and data visualization products.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/manage other product managers
- Strong technical background -- you’ll need to be comfortable working with senior engineers to make large-scale product, infrastructure, and roadmap decisions.
- Experience partnering with customers, design, engineering, and go-to-market teams to define a strategic product roadmap.
- An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective. You are comfortable running quantitative analysis to help drive decisions but you also know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening and driving group decision-making.
- An understanding of the data science and/or web analytics landscape, supported by a background in statistics and experience with A/B testing and experimentation techniques.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial or leadership activities.
- Experience in Machine Learning / AI is a plus.
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.