Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning & Personalization
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product
Optimizely is the world's leader in digital experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product, marketing, and engineering professionals to accelerate innovation, increase velocity, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 20x. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
The Optimizely Product team works cross-functionally to develop and drive our company vision of being the world's leading experimentation platform. We each own key product and features and work on everything from strategy to execution and delivery—and continue tracking our work even after launch. We contribute to a great product alongside our designers, engineers, founders, go-to-market teams, and other PMs.
This role focuses on our Personalization solution. We help companies build more relevant, targeted experiences for their users -- all grounded in constant experimentation. You’ll be responsible for developing and executing a vision for how experimentation & personalization can go hand-in-hand, and how new advances in machine learning can empower our customers to build better digital experiences.
Some of the team’s key focus areas include:
- Audience targeting and segmentation: help customers run targeted experiments on specific personas and break down the results by behavior, location, and context
- Dynamic customer profiles: join first-party data, behavioral information, and 3rd-party integrations to build a complete picture of a user to drive advanced personalization
- Automated, 1:1 personalization: content and product recommendations based on a user’s past browsing behavior, using algorithms like collaborative filtering
- Predictive Audiences: leveraging new machine learning techniques like word embeddings to predict user’s intent and generate new segments
- New directions: prototyping and exploring new ideas for helping our customers deploy machine learning to build more relevant sites and apps
- You’ll work with a diverse team that owns the end-to-end user experience, from ML Engineers and Data Scientists designing algorithms to Distributed Systems engineers building infrastructure to Frontend Developers and UX Designers building user experience.
Why is this exciting for you?
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of Experimentation with cutting-edge technology in Machine Learning.
- You will work closely with a team of engineers, ML/data scientists, designers, statisticians and product managers to define and deliver personalization experiences that operate at web scale
- You will have regular customer interaction with data science and marketing teams from the world’s most recognizable brands
- You will be a public facing evangelist for Optimizely’s Personalization and Machine Learning vision
- You will partner cross-functionally with our Go-to-Market teams to launch new products and acquire new customers
- You will have the opportunity to lead, inspire and foster a culture of deep customer empathy within your team and beyond
- 4+ years SaaS product management experience
- A strong perspective on emerging trends in machine learning and the personalization/targeting space
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation techniques
- Strong technical background -- you’ll need to be comfortable working with engineers of various levels to make large-scale product, infrastructure, and roadmap decisions.
- Experience partnering with customers, design, engineering, and go-to-market teams to define a strategic product roadmap
- An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective. You are comfortable running quantitative analysis to help drive decisions but you also know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening and driving group decision-making with data
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial or leadership activities
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.