- Department: Design
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times, and many more global enterprises.
The goal of Optimizely’s product designers is to deeply understand our customer’s problems and design solutions to those problems. They are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to understand the customer problem, iterate on solutions, and ship finished designs to customers.
The role will work with our product team on our industry leading experimentation software, and enable our customers whose mission it is to make the most accurate and fastest decisions about their business while using experimentation to deliver unbeatable digital experiences.
Learn more about our process by taking a peek inside the team’s notebooks or read about how we designed the results page of our personalization product. Read more about our team on the Design @ Optimizely blog.
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process, with a proven ability to deliver projects
- High fidelity user interface and interaction design skills
- Loves to build prototypes, even better if these are in code
- Open to rapid iteration, feedback, and experimentation. Always seeks customer input and understanding.
- Ability to connect design decisions back to business goals, and to work with stakeholders across the company to build consensus
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build') as an effective partner for product managers
- A desire to learn and curious by nature – about people, technology, data, new industries, and the world
- Empathy — for customers and your fellow employees
- A strong portfolio showcasing product design work, which includes B2B examples
- Willingness to occasionally travel to our Austin office
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.