Product Manager, Experimentation
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
The Optimizely Product team works cross-functionally to develop and drive our company vision of being the world's leading digital optimization solution. We each own key product and features and work on everything from strategy to execution and delivery—and continue tracking our work even after launch. We contribute to a great product alongside our designers, engineers, founders, go-to-market teams, and other PMs.
This role focuses on our core Web and Full Stack experimentation products. You’ll be responsible for the user interface and APIs that our customers use to set up and manage A/B tests, multivariate tests, feature flagging/rollouts, and personalization campaigns. Some of our key focus areas for the year include:
Increasing experimentation velocity: addressing customer pain points around experiment development to help customers run more A/B tests every month and manage their efforts as they scale up
Enterprise quality: ensuring our platform is fast, reliable, and bug-free through ongoing process and architecture improvements
Bridging client-side and server-side experimentation: unifying our workflow and tailoring our user experience for different personas like marketers, product managers, and developers
As Product Manager you will be responsible for defining the vision and roadmap for our APIs and user experience. You’ll work with internal stakeholders across engineering, product, support, and customer success. You’ll also work directly with customers to develop a deep empathy for users of our platform and how the roadmap aligns to our overall business objectives.
Why is this exciting for you?
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of testing and personalization for the world’s leading experimentation platform.
- You will enjoy the challenge of building products with global enterprise reach.
- You will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, researchers, and product managers to deliver a best-in-class user experience, building enterprise software with consumer-grade usability.
- You will have regular customer interaction with experimenters from the world’s most recognizable brands.
- You will be a public facing evangelist for Optimizely, representing us externally at events.
- You will partner cross-functionally with our Go-to-Market teams to launch new products and close business.
- You will have the opportunity to lead, inspire and foster a culture of deep customer empathy within your team and beyond.
You will succeed if you have:
- 2+ years SaaS product management experience
- Technical confidence. You’ll need to be comfortable working with senior engineers to balance product velocity and technical debt tradeoffs
- Design experience. You’ll be collaborating with product designers and UX researchers to make sure our product is delightful to use and easy to learn.
- Passion for experimentation. You see that experimentation is the next big thing in business management and are excited to help the world’s largest companies through their digital transformation. Ideal candidates will have run experiments in a previous role.
- Great leadership and communication skills. Asking questions, listening, driving team alignment, and influencing without authority across all levels of the organization.
- You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats. Customer needs are constantly changing.
- Wellness Grant
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.