- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: IT Services
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
The Procurement Specialist collaborates with internal clients to execute procurement operations (enforce P2P policies), sourcing activities (RFx) and implement / support systems administration (evaluate new tools). This role will work closely with stakeholders of all levels including close collaboration with the Accounting, FP&A, Legal & Security teams. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience and join a fast paced, global procurement function. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have sound business judgment, and be customer-focused. This role will report to the Procurement Manager.
- Systems & Process Design
- Partner w/ suppliers and stakeholders to drive transaction automation strategies: evaluate and implement P2P solutions suite, develop supplier catalogs, increase procurement coverage.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously refine and simplify standard procure to pay processes keeping in mind the user experience
- Collaborate with business partners (including stakeholders, accounts payable etc) across the organization to help ensure purchasing transactions are in compliance with the Purchasing Policy.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the purchasing function: design controls, complete SOX audits, complete new hire and refresher trainings etc.
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of expense accruals in support of the financial close process
- Leverages current supply base and develops new sources of supply when required. Prefer experience w/ the following categories: contingent labor - contractors/consulting, facilities, marketing, professional services or software licensing (SaaS).
- Monitor and manage vendor performance against benchmarks, targets, quality and reliability. Complete business reviews on a timely cadence.
- Supports the delivery of department cost savings KPIs and updates saving tracker
- Solves routine problems through precedent and referral to general guidelines.
- Interacts within own team and with direct supervisor. Receives moderate level of instruction on daily work tasks and new assignments.
- 3+ years of experience in a buyer / procurement / sourcing / operations / accounts payable role
- Experience with P2P process and eProcurement tools (i.e. JIRA, Google, Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, Amazon a plus).
- Demonstrated business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in a fast-paced environment -- willing to learn, prioritize requests and collaborate w/ multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Sense of humor not optional.
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.