Senior Software Data Quality Assurance Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Engineering
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
At Optimizely, the Data Platform is the core foundation driving all our Experimentation and Personalization products that directly impact the customer experience. The Platform is leveraged across all product lines from spanning Analytics, Targeting, Recommendations and large-scale Ingestion. This platform, based primarily on the Hadoop Ecosystem on AWS, processes billions of events a day and we’ve built many sophisticated data pipelines that can power a variety of analytical queries at web scale.
We are seeking a Senior Software Data Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure Quality Standards of Excellence are achieved across Optimizely’s Data Platform. This is an incredible opportunity with high visibility across the entire company.
We want someone to come in, learn, and understand Optimizely’s product really well and then ensure that it meets the highest level of quality standards that our customers expect.
About the Job:
- You will be able to grow your own skills and understanding as you help Optimizely’s engineering teams improve the quality of our product.
- Design and run test tools to aid the development process and ensure quality.
- Find and triage bugs into work tracking software (like JIRA).
- Review Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) and develop test cases and traceability matrices based on these requirements.
- Run bug bashes with development teams, including collecting test cases in advance to bash against.
- Support all phases of product design and software development: design, development, beta, and general availability.
- You will become a quality feature owner for your area(s) of expertise, ensuring Optimizely delivers the features we promise our customers with a high level of quality.
- Drive customer scenario testing throughout the organization. Work with our engineering teams to enhance our test automation to include real-world business scenarios.
- 5+ years experience in software testing and/or quality engineering (data-driven, white box test automation and system level testing).
- 3+ years experience in quality assurance of data-driven implementations or data warehouse specific projects. Expertise in fields with concentration on data transformations, data manipulations, and reporting.
- Familiarity with Hadoop/Big Data ecosystems.
- Experience testing RESTful web APIs, both manually and through automation.
- Experienced in Designing Test Automation Frameworks in Java.
- Experience with automated testing in a continuous integration environment. Hands on experience in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Proficient with SQL, data validation automation and ETL processes testing
- Ability to write test plans, test cases, status reports and summary reports
- Solid organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Passion about quality, thoroughness, organized and detailed-oriented, and a team player.
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Hands on experience in Build management tools like Mavent, Ant
- Familiarity with Selenium or any other web browser automation tools.
- Knowledge of how to use an automation framework such as Behave or Cucumber.
- Familiarity with source control tools (such as git).
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.