Sales Development Representative
- Sydney, Australia
- Department: Sales
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Optimizely ANZ is looking for the founding members of its Sales team. Sales Professionals who bring their expertise, drive, and deep understanding of the market to help launch our Sydney operations.
We seek to enable the world’s leading companies to improve their customers’ digital experiences through the power of experimentation. We challenge, we teach, and we learn in order to provide domain expertise that pushes companies towards their goals.
We’re looking for talented, high-achieving, and empathetic people to help be the face of the next phase of our growth: Taking the power of Optimizely to Australia and New Zealand.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for driving revenue pipeline through outbound prospecting and following up on marketing sourced leads.
You will be the front line of the Optimizely sales team. You will drive awareness and interest in our product suite in a territory and work closely with the marketing and account executive teams to drive pipeline and meetings.
You will become proficient in discussing Optimizely’s business benefits and generating leads using salesforce.com and a variety of other prospecting tools.
A successful Sales Development Representative at Optimizely exhibits the following traits:
- Intrinsic drive to be successful. We work hard to deliver value to our prospects and customers and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role. You are adaptable and thrive in new situations where you can think on your feet.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature: We’re a small, impactful team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better. Everyone needs to overachieve against their quota for the team to hit its goals.
- Genuine curiosity about people, marketing technology and business, with excellent listening skills.
- Strong track record of performance in a previous role or in university. SaaS knowledge or sales experience a major plus.
- Detail oriented, organized mindset with an ability to manage time effectively. Must be able to remain focused in the face of many competing interests.
- A competitive nature in some field (e.g. athletics, chess, milk carton regatta, etc). A positive attitude and desire to win are a must.
- A desire to pursue a career in sales. You are coachable, able to implement feedback and dedicated to continuous self improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Annual Wellness Grant
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Company pension plan
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
We embody inclusion, which is reflected in our company values where we embrace diversity and equal opportunities for everyone