Director, Customer Marketing and Advocacy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
- Manage a team of campaign, advocacy and event management professionals.
- Owner and leader of major customer conference, Opticon, customer advocacy programs and customer-facing expansion.
- Partner with internal teams and external agencies to deliver effective and compelling programs and campaigns that drive acquisition, loyalty, engagement and advocacy.
- Own yearly user conference events.
- Marketing references: own, manage and scale customer references for marketing.
- Work with internal stakeholders (Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services and Solutions Engineering) to identify top advocates and cultivate champions within those accounts.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of all customer references and track customer advocacy participation.
- Implement measurement framework for all inbound and outbound activity to understand impact and learn through a results-driven mindset.
- Own a customer sourced pipeline number to identify success in micro customer campaigns.
- Drive customer-specific strategies and execute tactics for targeted campaigns.
- 10+ years marketing experience (enterprise software preferred), 5+ managing a team around corporate marketing.
- Ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in one or more of: customer-facing campaigns, advocacy programs, and large scale customer events.
- Proven track record working directly with software technology companies—preferably SaaS— customers.
- Demonstrable ability to run multi-million dollar events and budgets and programs.
- Strong problem-solving, communications and analytical ability.
- Measurable success in delivering and scaling programs at both a strategic and executional level.
- Ability to identify, develop, share and celebrate on-strategy customer successes.
- Self-starter: driven by intellectual curiosity to develop, connect, evolve, and scale effective and impactful customer communications.
- Validated ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales and Customer Success.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.