Technical Program Manager, Security
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Engineering
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Security is in the foundation of over 3000 customers’ trust in Optimizely. In this role, you will drive our software security program that facilitates security being baked into all of the products and infrastructure built at Optimizely. The responsibilities are a blend of security engineering, software engineering and project management. If you’re a security engineer looking to get into a leadership position, this is a great opportunity for you to have impact across an entire engineering organization and build a world-class software security program.
- Support the software security program in Optimizely Engineering- ensure that security is baked in to everything we build at every step of the software development lifecycle
- Grow a culture of security in Engineering - we do fun things like security happy hours, pizza and t-shirts
- Maintain our software security awareness program and ensure 100% of engineers stay informed annually of top security risks and best practices
- Measure and grow security maturity across engineering
- Create security policy, standards, procedures and guidelines for engineering
- Triage security issues and provide recommended fixes
- Facilitate independent security assessments and penetration tests
- Evaluate new tools, processes, and frameworks; Drive adoption of the best ones
- Review and respond to new security threats
- Software engineering background - you will not be writing code, but you will be collaborating with software engineers on a daily basis
- Able to influence without authority and have excellent teamwork skills
- Attention to detail with advanced organizational and prioritization skills
- Exceptionally clear communication skills- you'll need to communicate effectively and build relationships with all levels and roles at Optimizely
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Program / project management experience in software development organizations
- Extensive experience implementing software security programs
- Familiarity with cloud security, particularly AWS Security concepts
- Experience implementing controls for information security compliance programs including PCI, ISO 27001 and SOC 2
- Work experience in a fast growth startup environment
- Previous Security employment at Cloud and/or SaaS company, is required
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.