Senior Software Engineer, Monetization
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
We’re looking for a software engineer on our Monetization team to help us build a billing infrastructure that is flexible, easy to report on and that prepares us for reaching our aspirations of being an impactful and enduring company that enables the world to turn data into action. This team drives and implements how we make our revenue in collaboration with the CFO, Finance and Go-To-Market teams. Working with such a diverse set of executives makes this is a high impact and high visibility team. Our customers include some of the largest retail, media, and travel companies who send billions of events per day to our system. Our billing systems need to scale, provide accurate usage metrics and provide flexibility for our sales and engineering teams to tailor our services to the needs of our customers.
You will have broad influence, leadership and impact on shaping the future direction of our billing infrastructure and how we use these algorithms.
What you’ll do:
- Build services that can be easily used to customize pricing/packaging for our Go To Market teams without needing engineering support
- Build integrations between Optimizely application and 3rd party invoicing systems
- Implement and maintain a batch infrastructure to compute volume metrics and charge customers accordingly
- Maintain an internal application that our Customer Success group uses to effectively serve our customers
- Support pricing innovation and growth experiments targeted towards Pricing
- Be a subject matter expert for the entire company on the billing aspects of Enterprise Customers
- Deeply focus on the scalability and quality aspects in every step involved with getting customers set up to use Optimizely and invoiced correctly
- Implement solutions that will help drive adoption of the Optimizely product
Why is this team important to Optimizely?
- Business Impact: Every dollar that enters Optimizely via our revenue channels, will flow through the infrastructure owned by this team
- High Visibility: This team works with the CFO and his pricing council, COO, Head of Sales, Go to Market team and Customer Success.
- Help shape the Future: This team plays a significant role in making contributions to the future of Optimizely
- Innovation: This team works with the Pricing Innovation team to help come up with models to effectively convey the value of our service to customers
Some technologies we work with:
- Hadoop ecosystem (Kafka, HBase, Map-R)
- Google Data Store, MySQL
- Google App Engine, AWS cloud
- Zuora, Salesforce and similar billing systems
You will be successful in this role if:
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You are self-motivated, yet still, enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience to billing systems
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience working on big data systems
- [bonus] Experience working with go-to-market teams
- [bonus] You have experience with Python
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.