Manager of Technical Support, EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Our global Support Team provides world-class technical support to our customers. The Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) work closely with clients to resolve their most challenging problems, including debugging complex optimization campaigns, adapting experiments to run on different media types and helping customers interpret their results. Additionally, the support team enables customers to integrate Optimizely with other analytics platforms so they can truly make data-driven decisions. As an essential solution for our customers, Optimizely Support is available 7x24 to assure the success of our clients and minimize the impact of any critical issues.
Experience Optimization across web, mobile or server-side is still a new field, and we’ll expect the TSE manager to challenge the TSE team to continuously improve our customer's experience while becoming more effective as a global organization. If constant change does not excite you, then the TSE manager role is probably not the right position for you!
What you’ll do
Manage daily support operations and drive operational excellence
Make sure that Priority Support customers get outstanding service
Ensure team metrics and goals, as well as SLAs and contractual obligations, are being met
Promote career development amongst members of the team
Identify learning gaps on the team and organize training to close those gaps
Advocate for the team and recognize their accomplishments and involvement in key initiatives
Proactively plan and manage team/individual workloads to make sure the team always has the appropriate bandwidth to support our customers
Manages individual and team performance and identifies areas of improvement
Drive innovation and efficiency that allows the team to scale and perform at a higher level
Achieve personal growth and contribute to project work and team objectives and results
Lead our EMEA support team collaboratively with the other Support leaders and operate as a single global organization
Collaborate with and represent Support as part of the broader EMEA leadership team
Work cross-functionally on shared initiatives and goals as well as advocate for the needs of the Support team
Leadership and Management
- Acts as a cheerleader and brings visibility and recognition to team efforts. Keeps team members motivated, fearless, committed and involved
- Manages performance of team members and provides feedback to support the team on how to best manage time and projects to maintain ticket volumes and focus on projects
- Accountable for the team's shortcomings. Helps team members to identify strengths and development needs
- Interpersonal skills recognized as elevating team morale. Able to listen to others and have empathy for their concerns. Able to inspire the team to accomplish support team goals
- Gathers feedback and questions the status quo of Team processes to generate ideas and stimulate progress. Designs for scale and thinks big picture
- Has earned the respect and trust of the team, leads by example and is seen as a leader
- Sets high expectations and holds others accountable to the responsibilities of their role
- Selfless and humble, defers credit unto others
- Personally seeks out and incorporates feedback to make relevant changes to improve
- Typical work experience required is 3-5 years experience in a technical, customer-facing role with experience leading and/or coaching small teams
- Strong understanding of support related systems and tools (e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce)
- Experience working directly with customers and tackling challenging escalations
- Deep empathy for solving customer issues and passion for providing an amazing customer experience
At Optimizely, we offer a wide array of benefits and perks to help our employees strike just the right balance between work time and personal time. We’re all about optimizing productivity by maximizing joy.
Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
Competitive vacation policy
€ 500 annual wellness subsidy
Fully paid health insurance
17 weeks full paid parental leave for new Mums and Dads
Pre IPO stock options
Commuting costs via public transportation reimbursed
Top-of-the-line MacBook Pro or MacBook Air and 27" monitor
Working with a great team, in an amazing office and having a huge impact!
We embody inclusion, which is reflected in our company values where we embrace diversity and equal opportunities for everyone.