Senior Manager, Sales Development
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Sales
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises. We are headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, Cologne, Munich and Sydney.
The Senior Manager of Sales Development, EMEA will initially lead a team of 5-10 Sales Development Representatives, and in the future, SDR managers located in London, Amsterdam, and Cologne. SDR teams at Optimizely generate outbound opportunities, and qualify inbound leads for both our Digital and Enterprise sales teams. The ideal candidate, will not only be an outstanding coach of SDR managers and SDRs but will also understand how to implement and ensure the execution of repeatable processes that allow the team and total pipeline numbers to scale rapidly. Strong, hands on utilization skills of Salesforce.com, Outreach and analytics is a must.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and develop Optimizely's existing team of SDRs
- Drive outstanding pipeline generation results across all regions and segments
- Continue to grow the SDR team by driving the hiring process, in partnership with People Operations, across EMEA
- Drive business planning, goal attainment, measurement/improvement and compensation design to maximize team results
- Own and develop Optimizely's pipeline capacity model and forecast, working in partnership with customer operations, marketing and sales leadership
- Work with Sales and Marketing to systematically improve the lead qualification processes and pipeline conversion rates to maximize team efficiency, effectiveness, and lead quality
- Conduct weekly and monthly forecasts around team performance
- Work closely with Account Executive teams and Sales and Marketing Management in the UK, DACH and BENELUX to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize effectiveness of the sales development team
- Remove whatever roadblocks arise that could impede the success of the SDR team
- Travel to offices in the UK and Germany required (25-50%)
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing a sales or sales development team, preferably in a Enterprise-caliber SaaS environment; knowledge of marketing and product buyers is desired but not required
- Proven track record training, coaching and mentoring SDRs and managers
- Understanding of larger ACV, enterprise sales processes as well as account seeding strategies is a must
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and services
- Aptitude for building reports and making data-driven decisions
At Optimizely, we offer a wide array of benefits and perks to help our employees strike just the right balance between work time and personal time. We’re all about optimizing productivity by maximizing joy.
Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
Competitive vacation policy
€ 500 annual wellness subsidy
Fully paid health insurance
17 weeks full paid parental leave for new Mums and Dads
Pre IPO stock options
Commuting costs via public transportation reimbursed
Top-of-the-line MacBook Pro or MacBook Air and 27" monitor
Working with a great team, in an amazing office and having a huge impact!
We embody inclusion, which is reflected in our company values where we embrace diversity and equal opportunities for everyone