Digital Account Executive
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Sales
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
If Quota Club has been a regular feature on your calendar and you can reference six figure deals, then being a Digital Account Executive at Optimizely might be the ideal next move for you. Optimizely is the world’s leading Digital Experience Optimizaition (DXO) platform, bringing the goodness experimentation and the scientific method to over 3,000 businesses, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
Experimentation and the scientific method have driven innovation in just about every facet of our lives for millennia. Jeff Bezos says that, “our success at Amazon is a function of how many experiments we do per year, per month, per week, per day.” At Optimizely, we’re enabling every business to implement a “test and learn” strategy to innovate faster and compete at the same level as the Amazons of the world.
Optimizely’s Digital Sales Team focuses on fast-growing and medium-sized businesses that view digital as their primary growth channel. By focusing on our customer’s long term goals and having a genuine curiosity for their business strategy, we aim to be viewed as a consultative partner in the eyes of our customers. We challenge, we teach and we learn in order to provide expertise that pushes companies towards their goals.
What you get to do:
- Responsible for New Annual Recurring Revenue (new + expansion)
- Consult with executives at digital-focused, medium-sized businesses
- Work a mix of high ASP opportunities that have longer sales cycles, and quicker customer upgrades
- Manage an accurate forecasts
- Create and execute a territory plan that builds pipeline using an inbound/outbound model
- Qualifies deals effectively to get to decisions quickly and prioritize effectively
- Builds relationships with Senior Executives and line-of-business in accounts
- Educates prospects effectively across their entire business, from Marketing to Product to Engineering
- Helps customers understand the competitive landscape to best assess their needs
- Holds deals to a consistent sales cycle and process
- Navigates complex organizations and buying processes
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful closing experience, ideally with SaaS technology
- At least 2 years of quotas in excess of $700k with an ASP of > $50k
- Experience managing complex sales, evaluation cycles, and buying processes
- Experience negotiating business terms with line-of-business, procurement and contract teams, senior management and/or C-level Executives
- A “growth” mentality - a continuous learner
- Experience independently running a great executive meeting
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Forecast accuracy
- Proven capability to manage a large volume of accounts
- You are coachable and willing to learn new skills
- You are self-motivated, hardworking and proactive
- You have a strong business acumen
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.