Manager, Digital Customer Success
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Customer Success
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Optimizely believes in putting the client at the center of everything we do. To make our clients successful, we must approach them with empathy, make their journey easy, and provide essential value in the moments that matter throughout their journey. Our Customer Success team is responsible for advising our clients on how to grow their experimentation programs, better use the Optimizely platform, and ultimately driving renewals. We are seeking a leader who will evolve our North American Digital customer success organization’s vision, strategy, processes, and execution, acting as a catalyst to improve the quality of our services and overall customer experience.
As the leader of the NA Digital CSM team, you’ll be responsible designing and implementing a NA Digital-specific strategy, driving execution and improved results, maintaining consistency to the global CSM program, and inspiring and developing NA Digital CSMs. You’ll push our team to the next phase of growth by bringing a client-centric, consultative approach to our interactions.
- Drive adoption, retention, and advocacy across the North American Digital Book of Business
- Directly manage a fast growing, talented team of Customer Success Managers (currently 6 individual contributors: 3 in SF, 3 in NY)
- Coach, develop, and drive performance of the team
- Assess, prioritize, and innovate new programs to ensure our customers are adopting the Optimizely platform
- Partner with stakeholders (sales, people operations, customer operations, marketing, professional services, education, support, etc.) to deliver on a seamless customer experience
- Make timely decisions and implement strategies to drive customer success
- Be empowered to take accountability for team and team’s results
- Partner with the global CSM leadership team to develop team processes and procedures for global and local consistency
- Design solutions and consultative approaches specific to the NA Digital Book of Business
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support to drive a seamless customer experience
- 5+ years of management / technology consulting, agency, or Customer Success Management experience
- 2+ years of leadership / management experience
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time, including regular trips to NY
- Proven track record leading a successful CSM team in a growth-oriented environment
- A strategic leader who is also fearless about execution and not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team
- An empathic leader with a desire to build a world-class CSM organization within the constraints of a responsibly managed business
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
- Experience hiring, developing, and retaining best in class talent
- Wellness Grant
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.