Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend
- San Francisco, CA
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are building an Experimentation Platform to enable people in all industries to turn data into action.
We are looking for leaders to take the best enterprise experimentation platform and help it scale to meet the growing demands of our largest customers.
We want you to be visionary but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. You’ll be leading key initiatives across teams collaborating with individuals across the engineering organization.
Does this sound like you? Come join us!
What you will do
- Design and implement next generation core application backend components
- Ensure all systems are scalable and production-ready
- Work with our performance experts and use your own expertise to improve performance
- Work with monitoring and observability experts and use your own expertise to improve observability
- Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
- Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion
- You find happiness in being a multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically
- You stay on top of technical trends and know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You have proficiency in Python
Some technologies we work with
Docker, Jenkins, Linux
AWS, Google Cloud Platform
Monitoring and observability tooling
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.