Staff Software Engineer, Front End
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an extraordinary software engineer who has the experience to be both a strong technical leader and individual contributor on our Frontend Engineering team. In this role, you will contribute to the next phase of product development for the Optimizely platform, while also helping to drive the evolution of our frontend architecture. Your work will help change the way the world's best brands do business by making sophisticated digital experimentation simple.
Our stack: We build with React and manage state with NuclearJS, our open-source Flux implementation using Immutable.js data structures. We write ES6 and use Webpack and Babel to deliver an application that is written with clean code and is performantly delivered to our users. Our React components and Sass code are reusable and generic, and live standalone in our open-source component library, OUI.
What you will be doing
- Lead development on the next wave of features for the Optimizely experimentation platform that will drive successful outcomes for our customers.
- Work with other Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers, often collaborating beyond your immediate team, to ensure successful product launches by participating in all phases of development from design to deployment.
- Help define the frontend technical roadmap that will allow our architecture to continue to scale to meet the needs of our business in the years to come by investing in the proper technologies, tools, and patterns.
- Use your experience to provide technical guidance to more junior engineers in their design and implementation of solutions that place an emphasis on meeting enterprise quality.
- Actively find opportunities that can impact our business, reduce technical debt, or help improve your team’s output and quality.
- Multiply the output of the frontend team through your leadership, development contributions, and process improvements.
- You have a history of demonstrating deep empathy for customers in your pursuit of delivering business impact.
- You’ve led frontend development for one or more engineering teams.
- You have a consistent track record of solving complex and/or ambiguous problems with simple solutions that focus on reusability, modularity, performance, scalability, reliability, and testability.
- You have a deep knowledge of the full lifetime of a request and have introduced or augmented RESTful APIs or backend systems as needed.
- You have provided mentorship and guidance to the more junior frontend engineers that you’ve worked with.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and partners outside of Engineering.
- Candidates for this role typically require 5 or more years of experience.
Things we’ve open sourced:
NuclearJS - https://github.com/optimizely/nuclear-js
OUI - https://github.com/optimizely/oui
Our engineering blog is here: https://medium.com/engineers-optimizely
We spend at least two full sprints (4 weeks) a year hacking on fun projects, many of which make it to our product roadmap.
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
Optimizely is the world’s leading experience optimization platform, providing website and mobile A/B testing and personalization for the world’s leading brands. The platform’s ease of use and speed of deployment empowers organizations to conceive of and run experiments that help them make better data-inspired decisions. Optimizely meets the diverse needs of thousands of customers worldwide looking to deliver connected experiences to their audiences across channels. To date, those customers have created and delivered more than 700 billion optimized visitor experiences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.