Java Web Developer, Experienced Software Engineer Boulder, Colorado
- 2241 17th St, Boulder, CO 80302, USA
- Employees can work remotely
US citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
OptTek Systems is the leading provider of optimization technology to the simulation software industry. Founded in 1992, the OptTek team includes internationally recognized leaders in optimization and has a strong history of creating world class applications combining simulation, optimization, and analytics.
But OptTek is much more than a leading provider of optimization technology. We have a truly unique culture that promotes positive attitudes, mutual respect across our team, and a fun, friendly working environment. We work hard but value work/life balance, generally enjoying a 36-hour, 4-day work week. To learn more, visit www.OptTek.com.
OptTek is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a Software Engineer with great programming skills and a strong background in web application development. If you want to be part of a talented, highly collaborative team and work in an amazing environment, get in on the ground floor of an amazing opportunity, AND help make the world a better place by eliminating waste and inefficiency, read on.
This is a position for a software engineer. The position requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented professional capable of both independent and small team performance on a variety of software development tasks spanning both commercial and government work.
Essential requirements include:
- Two or more years of professional software development experience. Salary and responsibilities will be dependent on the level of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in software design and architecture.
- Experience developing web-based and desktop applications using Java and related technologies.
- A desire to create code for the user interface, backend services, and data manipulation.
- The ability to interact with customers to understand their problems and help them utilize our solutions.
Expertise in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Vue.js and JavaFX.
- Writing software involving optimization, algorithms, simulation, mathematics, or data analytics.
- Python, R, Tableau or other tools for scripting and data analysis and manipulation.
- UI and UX design.
An active DOD security clearance is a big plus.
Here's what's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation including annual bonus plans
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, disability benefits, a matched 401(k) and more
- 36-hour, 4-day work week (yes, you read that correctly)
- Flexible, remote work options
- Interesting, changing work centered around your capabilities, interests, and work style
- Open Paid Time Off Policy (yes, you read that correctly, too)
- Free parking at our amazing historic Boulder location
- A host of company events including a wide range of community service, team, and family-friendly activities throughout the year
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. OptTek is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be a dog-friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.