Cyber Security Engineer
- Centennial, CO, USA
OppenheimerFunds values the talented and diverse workforce we’ve cultivated over the years. Our nearly 60-year history includes a strong tradition of providing innovative investment ideas and a world-class experience for the individuals, institutions and financial advisors we serve. Our strong foundation is built on collaboration, creativity, and the extraordinary people who play an integral role in our success every day.
This role is for a Cyber Security Threat Hunter who will focus on identifying Cyber related threats across multiple security technologies to protect the firm.
- Identify ways to continuously improve security posture while monitoring the threat landscape.
- Monitoring and reporting of security events.
- Red/Blue/Purple team participation and lessons learned.
- Reduce security risks.
- Ability to perform on-call rotation to provide support after hours.
- Ability to cross train with other engineers to be well rounded in skillsets.
- Participate in network security architecture reviews and assist in developing detailed engineering design and deployment plans.
- Protect data and maintain its confidentiality, availability, and integrity.
Competencies for Success/Desired Skills:
- Experience with Splunk and security orchestration tools.
- Experience in a broad array of security technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of networking.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and virtual environments.
- Proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting complex systems.
- Experience with Internet protocol and application filtering.
- Experience implementing and administering security controls in an enterprise network.
- Experience with vulnerability assessments and mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of cyber security risks and best practices.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols.
- Linux & Windows skills.
- SOC analyst.
- Incident response experience.
- Security industry certifications preferred, other industry certifications and education highly desirable.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in technical/security role. A combination of experience, certifications and education will be considered.
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, Seattle, Philadelphia, and London, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.