Senior Analyst Valuation Oversight
- Centennial, CO, USA
OppenheimerFunds values the talented and diverse workforce we’ve cultivated over the years. Our nearly 60-year history includes a strong tradition of providing innovative investment ideas and a world-class experience for the individuals, institutions and financial advisors we serve. Our strong foundation is built on collaboration, creativity, and the extraordinary people who play an integral role in our success every day.
This position reports to a Manager of the Fund Treasury team within the Global Operations Department. The Fund Treasury team reports to the registered investment company funds’ Treasurer and is responsible for establishing and maintaining the ongoing oversight of the external pricing vendors and fund accounting service providers.
The Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for the daily oversight of security valuations, working with internal and external parties to resolve valuation and issues that may arise. Additional responsibilities include assistance with the daily oversight of third party accounting agents, involvement with research initiatives, periodic and ad hoc reporting support to internal and external groups.
The successful individual will possess a proficiency in performing detailed analysis of market and vendor data to identify valuation and accounting anomalies, drawing conclusions, and providing solutions to our internal and external parties. An understanding of valuation methodologies and fund accounting processes is critical. The successful individual is a team player who uses their analytical skills to identify material valuation and/or Net Asset Value issues requiring further analysis, and then effectively leverages relationships to promptly develop and implement solutions.
- Oversight and management of third party pricing vendors.
- Participate in regular meetings with the external fund accounting agents and pricing vendors to review service performance and identify issues / concerns.
- Work with the vendors to ensure timely resolution.
- Review and monitor the Accounting Agents’ implementation of the Valuation Procedures, including fair valuation models.
- Research securities subject to fair valuation situations, work with the Manager to incorporate new information into into the daily valuation on a timely basis
- Promptly escalate any urgent valuation issues with third party pricing vendors, accounting agents and/or OFI Portfolio Management to ensure that the Funds’ Net Asset Values (NAV) are appropriately calculated each day
- Research any valuation related questions or reporting requests from third party sub-advisors
- Perform periodic reviews and testing of fair valuation models and inputs for reasonability
- Review procedures, conduct research into alternative valuation methodologies and prepare recommendations to improve the accuracy of Fund security valuations.
- Coordinate compilation of valuation-related reporting for senior management and external parties.
- Produce valuation-related reports on ad-hoc topics, as required.
- Review all security level classifications for financial reporting purposes
Fund Accounting Oversight
- Perform detailed daily reviews of accounting reports to detect anomalies requiring further research, such as: material security valuation movements and material corporate action events
- Work with the third-party accounting agents to research and resolve any valuation related questions raised through these reviews
- Provide other operational and reporting support to internal and external groups as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Progress towards the CFA, CPA or similar credential would be considered a plus.
- At least three years of experience with securities evaluation and/or mutual fund accounting operations.
- Detailed knowledge of financial instrument valuation, including experience with financial models, a plus
- Exceptional analytical skills, demonstrated through specific on-the-job experience
- Strong conceptual, strategic planning, and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to identify anomalies and challenge co-workers and business partners on a variety of accounting, operational and compliance matters.
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines, while possessing the flexibility and maturity to address all elements of one’s responsibilities, despite continually shifting priorities.
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment
functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should visit our vendor
management partner at http://www.recruitalliance.com for more information about doing business with OFI.