Disaster Recovery Manager
- Centennial, CO
OppenheimerFunds values the talented and diverse workforce we've cultivated over the years. Our nearly 60-year history includes a strong tradition of providing innovative investment ideas and a world-class experience for the individuals, institutions and financial advisors we serve. Our strong foundation is built on collaboration, creativity, and the extraordinary people who play an integral role in our success every day.
As the accountable leader for the Disaster Recovery function, you will drive the continuous improvement of our ability to recover IT services, during a disruption, in partnership with technology leaders across the firm and in support of the firm’s overall business continuity program.
- Own and evolve the disaster recovery strategy, including all techniques and tools, in support of rapid recoverability of the infrastructure and applications supporting business functions during a disaster
- Create and implement IT orchestration strategies which drive predictable and transparent recovery of infrastructure and applications
- Identify and utilize toolsets, as appropriate, to automate and simplify recovery
- Own the DR testing function in support of all applicable regulations, and the continued evolution and enhancements to the function as the IT footprint changes and grows, shifts to the cloud (private and public), and becomes more reliant on vendors to deliver key functionality
- Partner with IT Leaders to drive recoverability into applications and infrastructure, with a focus on recovery of critical applications first
- Author and maintain the IT recovery playbook by site including the support of geographically diverse offices with unique challenges
- Strategize and implement new techniques to improve our recoverability as applications become more distributed and/or cloud-based and our vendor relationships change and expand, while also continually rationalizing existing activities
- Ensure IT readiness of alternate sites at all times
- Partner with our Business Continuity team to ensure alignment of practices and support the overall recoverability goals of the firm
- Collaborate with and share tools with our parent company, Mass Mutual
- Strong and diverse technology background, and experience with tools to orchestrate IT recovery
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to influence without direct authority and interact comfortably with all levels of the organization
- Collaborative skill set with an ability to drive action across IT partners, supporting teams, and within the team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to anticipate issues and deal with them proactively.
- Strong written communication skills .
- Experience successfully leading initiatives and guiding teams through periods of change
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, Seattle, Philadelphia, and London, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.