Summer Intern, Legal Department
- New York, NY, USA
OppenheimerFunds values the talented and diverse workforce we’ve cultivated over the years. Our nearly 60-year history includes a strong tradition of providing innovative investment ideas and a world-class experience for the individuals, institutions and financial advisors we serve. Our strong foundation is built on collaboration, creativity, and the extraordinary people who play an integral role in our success every day.
OppenheimerFunds, Inc. is recruiting current college students to fill our summer intern positions across many different business areas of our company. These positions welcome students who are interested in gaining meaningful experience within the financial services industry. Our Summer Intern Program is designed to give the experience of a full-time job within the structure of a robust learning program. The program provides Interns with a holistic vision of how our Company works and helps prepare them for their future careers.
Our Legal Department is seeking a summer intern to assist with the following:
- Collaborate with forward-thinking professionals who leverage their expertise to craft value-added solutions
- Work closely with Counsel to act as a resource to business units on legal issues
- Keep abreast of emerging legal, regulatory and legislative issues that affect the financial services industry
- To be considered for an internship, students must be undergraduates entering their senior year or currently pursuing their graduate level degree and entering their final year
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Professional demeanor with ability to multi-task
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to the organization's reputation and success
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants.