Head of Sustainability
- New York, NY
OppenheimerFunds values the talented and diverse workforce we've cultivated over the years. Our nearly 60-year history includes a strong tradition of providing innovative investment ideas and a world-class experience for the individuals, institutions and financial advisors we serve. Our strong foundation is built on collaboration, creativity, and the extraordinary people who play an integral role in our success every day.
In December 2015, OppenheimerFunds expanded its product offering into the fast-growing smart beta industry with the acquisition of VTL Associates, LLC, formerly RevenueShares. In 2016, the firm expanded into the environmental, social and governance (ESG) space with the launch of Oppenheimer ESG Revenue ETF (ESGL) which focuses on U.S. large-cap equities with highly rated ESG practices, and Oppenheimer Global ESG Revenue ETF (ESGF), which focuses on global large- and mid-cap equities with highly rated ESG practices. During the past two years, the group has steadily added to its senior leadership and capital markets teams and continues to seek out new opportunities in the marketplace to create compelling ETF solutions that further augment the firm’s existing investment platform.
OppenheimerFunds’ Beta Solutions offer effective ways to capture the returns available from broad markets. These strategies offer alternatives to the traditional, purely passive approaches that merely replicate traditional, market-cap weighted indices. The focus of the team will be to source, manage and package various forms of Beta to build investment solutions that are rules-based and systematic and whose merits are based on credible, demonstrable evidence.
The Head of Sustainability is responsible for creating a holistic vision and philosophy for Sustainable Investing across OppenheimerFunds. The candidate will develop OFI’s sustainability policy and framework, establish data and oversight processes , research and identify potential partnerships, as well as create thought leadership to market and network externally.
The candidate will help to build firm wide consensus around how OFI will approach ESG given its current brand and position in the marketplace. The candidate will leverage a strong understanding of emerging competitive dynamics to position OFI within this important space and build the effort with a culturally appropriate and innovative mindset. Key responsibilities will include the following – and will evolve over time:
• Scope, size and identify opportunities in the ESG market for OFI
• Partner with key stakeholders across the company to develop a culture of environmental and social governance, including Corporate Philanthropy and Diversity & Inclusion
• Develop, in concert with key stakeholders, the OFI philosophy around ESG and ensure that it is considered into our investment strategies and processes – over time
• Based on a comprehensive review of the future market opportunity, create and execute a long term strategic plan through the ESG working group
• In concert with investments and new product development teams - develop tools and techniques to meet clients ESG objectives in market leading ways
• Demonstrated success building Sustainable businesses
• 8+ years of investment management experience
• 5+ years of management experience, and demonstrated success in leading groups
Other Desired Qualifications
• Deep understanding and passion for ESG investing
• Connections with influencers in the Sustainable Investing segment of financial services
• Deep understanding and comfort with both active and passive investment products
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of the global asset management client base
• Strong strategic acumen with experience in building and guiding “working groups”
• Demonstrated ability to work with senior stakeholders to achieve consensus on difficult issues
• Undergraduate Degree in Business or a related field; MBA or related advanced degree strongly preferred
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, Seattle, Philadelphia, and London, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.