Senior Product Manager
- 225 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Openmarkets Group (OMG) is accelerating access to wealth creation. We’re a trading and wealth management fintech, providing a full suite of technologies and infrastructure to industry professionals, and connecting consumers with investment and advice.
OMG is on a fast trajectory - we’re growing, priorities shift on the daily and you’ll need to be good at reacting on the fly. If that doesn’t excite you, look away now.
We’re a company forged in mergers and united by a desire to create a wealthier Australia. Our values are built-in, so be prepared to build on them.
• Radical - we open markets
• Uplifting - we empower others
• Bold - we push boundaries
As a tech company, we're fortunate to be able to adapt to the rapidly changing conditions in the world around us, and this role is key to support an ongoing period of sustained growth.
We were largely formed during lockdown – as such, we're well adapted to remote collaboration and the kind of flexibility required in these unusual times. Our employee numbers grew significantly last financial year and we continue to hire during the current COVID-affected conditions.
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally comprised of a Product Manager, a Technical BA, a Product Designer, a QA Analyst, and several engineers.
We set up our product teams with the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement).
In our product teams, the Product Designer is accountable for ensuring the solution is usable, the Engineers are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible, the Product Manager is accountable for ensuring the solution is both valuable and viable, while also acting as the servant-leader of the team.
This means that the Product Manager must contribute to their product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints and needs of the business – from marketing, sales, partnerships, customer success, finance, operations, and others. They will need to own a collaboration process with the wider business, and balance reactive requests against the strategic plan for the customer and product.
This will require the Product Manager to contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers and a vision for how we will solve their needs effectively and compellingly. They will need to bring data about how our customers engage with our products, and how that will change over time. Finally, the product manager is expected to track industry trends and the competitive landscape for the product.
Objectives and Accountabilities
- Own your product and customer – providing the vision and leadership on how company and product strategy will be turned into execution
- Ensure that teams across the company are supporting, and being supported by the product team to deliver maximum value to the customer
- Analyse customer needs, current market trends, and potential opportunities to create a strategic product roadmap
- Manage reactive requests for functionality and fixes from the wider business – using OMG’s prioritisation framework and OKRs as a guideline
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Develop your product backlog in partnership with the team and ensure work is clearly and concisely broken down, estimated and planned
- Take accountability for ROI on the team’s work and ensure appropriate metrics are agreed, and analytics put in place to track success (or failure)
- Lead your product in the market – acting as the thought leader and go-to person for internal and external enquiries
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organisation.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates OMG and its features across primary market segments. Ensure that product lifecycle communications are effective and maximise LTV and value to the customer
- Coach and mentor Product Managers and Associate Product Managers in developing their product management craft across the full product lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. While the discipline doesn’t matter, you need to be commercially and technically capable enough to work comfortably with API platforms and service-driven architecture, and on complex financial and trading products
- Several years working in technology products, with most of the time as a product manager
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle for at least one scaled digital product
- Strong understanding of modern UX practices and demonstrated experience in turning research and insight into intuitive, attractive product flows
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers and teams from across the company in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Great clarity of thinking, with the writing and presentation skills to inform and inspire your team, the company, our partners and customers
- An optimistic and positive influencer, with the energy and drive to make everyone around them better
If you’re a self-starting team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment, and you’re willing to take responsibility and challenge convention, then OMG it’s time we met. In return, we’ll provide autonomy with support, and the opportunity to make an impact from day one.
Perks and benefits
- Regular and varied social events
- Generous parental leave and other PTO incentives (e.g. volunteering)
- Individual L&D budget – we take your development seriously
- Competitive remuneration
- Remote work flexibility
We are committed to a diverse and representative team and support an inclusive work environment. We're interested in your skills, experience and who you are as a human. We're open about the work we do and the projects we're working on and can't wait to learn more about you!
Ready? Let’s go.
You must have the right to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available at this time.