- Montreal, Canada
Major responsibilities include:
- Ability to gather, consolidate, structure and analyze machine-level, and technology reference data for the purposes of gaining insights
- Document and link data sources at a conceptual level, and identify opportunities for further data correlation
- Build an overarching data model of the various data types that are available for consumption and visualization in Splunk and other platforms
- Review areas where data sources cannot be linked because of improper configuration, and partner with the Splunk and other teams to fix these
- Identify authoritative data sources. Track when these sources change to another system, and specify existing dashboards or integration partners that are impacted by these changes
- Evaluate data quality in different sources, identify issues, and propose solutions
- Present findings to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Partner with various groups to identify and onboard new data types, and devise a structure to organize the onboarding via a centrally available mechanism.
- Willingness to provide demos to teams interested in leveraging the data, and answer questions on which data types are available in Splunk, and other visualization solutions.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills.
- Able to quickly absorb new information; focus on delivery, with a proven track record.
- Conduct independent research, and exploratory analysis on machine data
- Ability to connect the dots. Understands the data in a very detailed way, and how it relates across data sources
- Strong business acumen
- Inquisitive mindset and passionate about data
- Ability to create and analyze data in dashboards
- Very strong data manipulation, reconciliation and visualization skills.
- Solid communication skills
- Experience with dash-boarding platforms (Splunk, Tableau)
- Scripting/Data manipulation ? e.g. shell, Perl, Python
- Statistical software, e.g. R
- Enthusiastic, and with pragmatic stance for solving problems
- Familiarity with infrastructure performance metrics and other machine data
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.